E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Dynavin D99

11K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  betik 
#1 ·
hi

im keen to get a dynavin for my e46, any suggestions of places to purchase one besides ebay?

thanks

#25 ·
I have the Dynavin D90 V5 WinCE unit, works awsome... plays cd/dvd/mp3 , i have a 32gb usb drive plugged in which also plays avi (DivX) video files instead of having to burn DVDs. Bluetooth handsfree and Mic work pretty good, can also listen to music off iphone/ipod via bluetooth. I just upgraded the Maps with speed camera locations etc..

The only downside was the cd/dvd drive failed and the gps receiver stopped working, It was covered under warranty and i had the whole unit replaced by Dynavin a few weeks ago.
Betik - How did you go with ordering from Incarmeadia? Any dramas? Take long to get to you?

Lucas (Clickable Automotive)- Please do, you will certainly have my business and many other members on here!

Guys is it still worth getting the android version if I'm not going to use it with the net (mostly for music and TV) and does anyone have any good recommendations on what reverse camera to get?

Thanks guys,
Scott
Awesome, thanks for your help guys - It's much appreciated!

#19 · (Edited)
I have the Dynavin D90 V5 WinCE unit, works awsome... plays cd/dvd/mp3 , i have a 32gb usb drive plugged in which also plays avi (DivX) video files instead of having to burn DVDs. Bluetooth handsfree and Mic work pretty good, can also listen to music off iphone/ipod via bluetooth. I just upgraded the Maps with speed camera locations etc..

The only downside was the cd/dvd drive failed and the gps receiver stopped working, It was covered under warranty and i had the whole unit replaced by Dynavin a few weeks ago.

#21 ·
Betik - How did you go with ordering from Incarmeadia? Any dramas? Take long to get to you?

Lucas (Clickable Automotive)- Please do, you will certainly have my business and many other members on here!

Guys is it still worth getting the android version if I'm not going to use it with the net (mostly for music and TV) and does anyone have any good recommendations on what reverse camera to get?

Thanks guys,
Scott

#33 ·
Sound is only as good as it's source. Turd in turd out. The DAC in entry level Alpine will infinitely better than the DAC in the Dynavin. Even so for the OEM Alpine/Blaupunkt units.

But Pants.On.Fire I would be questioning the install of your components if it sounds average but having said those speakers are not exactly well regarded.

#34 · (Edited)
I play flac through CD but what I meant was, that my old alpine headline running the same gear sounded so much better. So they are installed correctly just sound a lot worse. But like i said im picky!

Where did you hear the c5's are not well regarded? I couldn't find many bad reviews on them, and all I did find was that they were better than the type r's. (if you are referring to the Type r's mentioned earlier)

#35 ·
I would recommend Focal speakers also over the alpine. You could run a JBL MS8 processor from any radio and dramatically improve the quality of any speakers, including your factory ones. It's not an ultimate solution but does some pretty cool things without all the time and work it usually does...

#36 ·
Hi all, I got the Hong Kong Ebay special $480, DVD NAV etc, the connections did not match the factory HK system so pulled the whole HK sytem out, speakers amp, nav, Changer the whole lot.
Fitted 5 chanel amp, kenwood splits, and clarion 10 inch sub. All worked fantastic until I started the car, I no longer need the taco as the stereo whirr told me what was happening. After 3 inline and 2 power filters, and being re wired 5 times with different earth/power combinations and $100 in parts, I sent the unit back another $90. I am either getting money back or a new unit. Wish I had known about incar media. If I get my money back will get one of their units. I currently have a Clarion DVD bluetooth unit forced into the hole and it works fine, no whirrrrrrrr. Are you all happy the incarmedia unit is worth getting. The cheap HK unit fitted great and was easy to use and I hope they can replace it but looks like they will give me my money back as they cannot guaruntee it won't whirr. My car had the factory Alpine TV NAV Cassette system with the small screen, the connactions do not seem the same as any other BM??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.