E46 Fanatics Forum banner

LEDAutomotives LED license plate light issue

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jbehr99 
#1 ·
anyone own a pair of these?
i bought several things from them without issues but these showed up and were way to big, i ended up having to bend the contacts to make them fit so when i go to put the cover back on sometimes it pops the bulb out of place.
i'm not sure if they accidentally sent the wrong ones or if there is a trick to it?
anyone feedback?

here's a bulb comparison

just hope they aren't too strong or melt anything, will keep an eye on the cover.

See less See more
#2 ·
I ordered the exact same bulbs from LEDAutomotive for my license plate as well. I received the same bulbs and they were to big. I had to bend the contacts to get it to fit and had a hard time getting the covers to go back on. I managed to get the covers back on and have been using the bulbs for about 6 months with no issues. The bulbs look great, but the fitment was sh!t. So yes, I had the same troubles with fitment as you, just be careful not to snap one of the contacts off when you are bending it, that was one of my concerns. Hope this helps.

#3 ·
i got the right side bulb in with bending the contact and cover on no problem but the left side i almost broke the bulb contact trying to squish it in there and that's even after bending the contacts on the car, than ran into the problem of getting the cover on.
good to know they will be fine once in because i do like them.

now debating the reverse lights as i have fitted the rest of the outside with their LED's

haha gotta get new LED angel eyes because these ones are a different should then the signals.. thinking V2 opaques..

anyways thanks for the feedback

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.