E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Bought a lemon turbo 323 ci how much boost

12K views 103 replies 45 participants last post by  tks 
#1 ·
So I traded for a lemon nice ride but I'm out three grand previous owner just bolted on the turbo and didn't install properly now it's at eurohause motor sports in knoxville getting all gaskets tune and the whole turbo system ran the right way what are some hp and tq numbers I should expect when I get it back ill have it back end of next week and ill post some videos and #s

#64 ·
omg, that add is classic:

"I have a freshly rebuilt turbo BMW 323i coupe car is fresh out the shop with a 3000 dollar rebuild whole turbo set up has been plumbed the correct way and it also has a brand new ecu the car has been lowered and has BMW wheels its putting down 285-300 hp to the rear wheels on 8-10 pounds boost really don't want to let it go it is a beast and is the lightest if the three series coupes do your research you want find another definently not anywhere close if not in the u.s. if you do it will b a hack job because someone didn't have the money to do it the right way over 4500 in turbo system and turbo build will trade for 02+ mustang gt 04+ Audi a6 s4 evo sti the main thing I want 02+ m3 convertible or hard top rx7 or supra tt will consider is300 with 2jz swap also consider bike plus 5k cash or bike plus car truck SUV no bikes older then 02 02+ crotch rockets"

It's better than the "reminds me of when I road in my buddies with 350hp and he switched highways at wot scared tge piss out of me felt as fast other bodies 500hp supra awesome car they are rare hopefully they will bring them back rx8s r ok but I don't like tge rear doors and odd shape and lackbof turbos" post.

#66 ·
I just hope his 3k$ gaskets are made of pure gold by the pygmy's of Siberia. If you are going to push 8-10lbs OP, you will need it. So what kind of tune are you running anyways OP, I could not bother read this thread or anything, but hows your ecu/dme setup? I am curious.

#69 ·
5/11 - I bought a lemon 323.

5/26 - For sale: Turbo 323 makes tons of power - Don't buy someones POS hack job! This is the car for you!

Lol.

#71 ·
WOw great find! Cant wait til the next person/sucker who end up with it, gets on here asking the same question, making the same thread.

Bought a lemon turbo 323 ci how much boost

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I bought a lemon, a nice ride but I'm out 14 grand previous owner just bolted on the turbo and didn't install properly now it's at ma-hause in knoxville with zero tune and the whole turbo system is straight off of ebay the wrong way what are some hp and tq numbers I should expect when I take all this crap off and put back a proper kit with a tune next week and ill post some videos and #s
what a terrible person, to pawn this off to an unsuspecting buyer. Its like a big fat circle of people who want cheeful and cheap and end up having to scam others so they are off the hook.

would have been better to sell it as is, disclose the problem, for the amount he put into it.:(

#72 ·
It is unfortunate that people attempt these projects without understanding what is necessary to complete them. A turbo 323 is 100% doable given the right budget and capabilities, however it is extremely cost prohibitive given there is no OEM ecu solution available to keep the car OBD2 compliant. We could take that car and make it 100% while retaining all of the emissions components and OEM ecu, however it would require hardware changes and a significant calibration budget.

The simplest route would be to sell off the turbo components for whatever you can and return it back to stock. This route is just going to burn the next sucker who buys it.

The next route would be to work with a shop that installs full standalone ecu's and do something similar to what HPF did with the E46M3 kit. This will not be cheap or easy, but in the end you will end up with a drivable turbo 323. Good luck with emissions/OBD2 inspections. This is a non-issue in some areas.

#76 · (Edited)
#75 ·
Wow this thread delivers...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#81 ·
Agreed!! another failed attempt to turbo a non-m ( or scam since there was no pictures other than the ad) You wonder why there are so many individuals who come on here and talk $hit that your going to fail... Thats how it started for me When I first posted I was going to turbo my 325 doing a One off, while spending LESS than "technique tuning's kit" and now look !! :thanks:

#85 ·
Haven't posted in awhile there's a video of it on eBay running 6 pounds boost search for turbo 2000 bmw 323ci eurohause now here's the update basically been getting put on the back burner at the shop it's at appearently if you do not have a Lamborghini or Ferrari or Porsche they throw it on the back burner the compression is fixed new head gasket oil lines catch can etc waiting on autowerks to send a new flash for ecu trying to get gas flow a little better the cons it's been a work in progress for five months #2 can't really push no more then ten pounds without seriously rebuilding the engine to make it low compression engine PROs its finnaly nearing a finish #2 it's got some balls on just 6 pounds watch the video #3 it sounds fing amazing #4 talk some more shi$ just waiting on new tune and it will be pushing ten pounds and it will be on the dyno once the tune gets worked out and I will post the finals as well as the build pics watch the video make sure u got a towel handy to dry up your slober and wee wee dribble lol

#91 ·
Haven't posted in awhile.

there's a video of it on eBay running 6 pounds boost. search for "turbo 2000 bmw 323ci eurohause"

now here's the update:

basically been getting put on the back burner at the shop. appearently if you do not have a Lamborghini or Ferrari or Porsche they throw it on the back burner

• the compression is fixed
  • new head gasket oil lines catch can etc
  • waiting on autowerks to send a new flash for ecu
  • trying to get gas flow a little better
the cons
  • it's been a work in progress for five months
  • can't really push no more then ten pounds without seriously rebuilding the engine to make it low compression engine
PROs:
  • its finnaly nearing a finish
  • it's got some balls on just 6 pounds (watch the video)
  • it sounds fing amazing
  • talk some more shi$
  • just waiting on new tune and it will be pushing ten pounds
  • it will be on the dyno once the tune gets worked out
I will post the finals as well as the build pics (watch the video). make sure u got a towel handy to dry up your slober and wee wee dribble lol
Tried to fix, but failed. Hopeless babble. Here's the video, since OP was too shy to provide a link: (Flame setting = :evil:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_HRh19ttBk

#92 ·
Just scanned over past comments since I been on yes we are trying to move the maf but having issues shop says there working with autowerks for flash then going to dyno just making sure its solid first yes it was me that posted on Craigslist for 10k Obo if u don't want it don't buy it yes I'm the sucker that got it from the guy that was trying to sale it for five you live you learn and yes I'm paying out the a$$ but every gasket was blown and

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.