E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Socal General Chat

27M views 244K replies 611 participants last post by  Bali 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Version 2.0 of the Socal General Chat thread. Enjoy!

The E46Fanatics Team

#177,582 ·
they are great. i love them. the only thing which is easily the worst thing about them is passing smog. if you can figure out a way to pass smog with nthem do it.

as far as the smell, you get used to it to a point. it still sucks in drive thrus. I'm running two 200 cell race cats from magnaflow and they help a ton! i don't have any noxious smells anymore. but good luck finding after market cats right now. they don't sell in cali if i remember correctly.
Interesting... how do you pass smog? I wouldn't mind driving a little ways if I could pass. :rofl:

Yeah I would probably put some cats on there somewhere... how did you mount yours? Are you using your post o2 sensors? SES light?

They dont' even sell them for "offroad" use only? I thought that's how they got around those things sorta like selling superchargers or even headers in Cali. :dunno: If not I guess I could ship them to my relative in Colorado and have them ship it here. I'm gonna do that for my 14rd magazines for my new CZ P01. :eeps:

#177,584 ·
Interesting... how do you pass smog? I wouldn't mind driving a little ways if I could pass. :rofl:

Yeah I would probably put some cats on there somewhere... how did you mount yours? Are you using your post o2 sensors? SES light?

They dont' even sell them for "offroad" use only? I thought that's how they got around those things sorta like selling superchargers or even headers in Cali. :dunno: If not I guess I could ship them to my relative in Colorado and have them ship it here. I'm gonna do that for my 14rd magazines for my new CZ P01. :eeps:
I can pass smog for you but cost $$$

#177,586 ·

i actually had my dad take care of it. he knows a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy. :eeps:

uhh i'm running o2 sims but as i'm sure you've done your research, they don't completely work. i don't have any cat inefficiency codes but i did get a lean code because the sim doesn't take into effect how the car runs lean on acceleration. that throws a CEL. right now i'm not even using the post o2s. they aren't even plugged in because i'm running sims anyways.

Kalim says that if you do the euro flash and put in osme cats it should pass. i don't think anyone has tried it though.

and i'm not sure about the offroad use stuff. i just thought that you couldn't order any aftermarket cats at all. i could be wrong, i haven't looked into it.

#177,589 ·
I can pass smog for you but cost $$$
Interesting how much are we talking about?

i actually had my dad take care of it. he knows a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy. :eeps:

uhh i'm running o2 sims but as i'm sure you've done your research, they don't completely work. i don't have any cat inefficiency codes but i did get a lean code because the sim doesn't take into effect how the car runs lean on acceleration. that throws a CEL. right now i'm not even using the post o2s. they aren't even plugged in because i'm running sims anyways.

Kalim says that if you do the euro flash and put in osme cats it should pass. i don't think anyone has tried it though.

and i'm not sure about the offroad use stuff. i just thought that you couldn't order any aftermarket cats at all. i could be wrong, i haven't looked into it.
Yeah if I put headers on I was thinking about doing that Euro2 flash everyone was talking about. Hrmm.. things to think about... I will most likely want to get cats.. I don't want my car to smell that bad all the time.

That's some federal law breaking right there, son

Posted from Skyrocket using BimmerApp
I need the extra capacity for the zombie apocalypse!!!

#177,592 ·
I might not put mine on got to many projects going on. Plus I got no res both are deleted with a acs muffler, don't want my car to be a straight pipe from the headers to the back . Gotta tackle to do some quad muffler, roll and pull my fenders, new rims and take off my bumper to put on my diffuser . Oh also got hied to help me tackle my sunroof. Got so much stuff to do but no time....

#177,595 ·
I might not put mine on got to many projects going on. Plus I got no res both are deleted with a acs muffler, don't want my car to be a straight pipe from the headers to the back . Gotta tackle to do some quad muffler, roll and pull my fenders, new rims and take off my bumper to put on my diffuser . Oh also got hied to help me tackle my sunroof. Got so much stuff to do but no time....
Ahh I know how you feel. I still need to pull my fenders a little bit too and do a bunch of other maintenance stuff. Yeah headers with no resonators might be a little too loud, I wouldn't do that either haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.