E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Oil Drain Door P/N

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Kubica 
#1 ·
Im looking for the P/N for the Oil Drain Door, number 3 in the picture, doesnt show a P/N for my 330ci with a 9/2002 build date. Ive got the reinforcement plate but no trap door and RealOEM doesnt show a P/N for the door. Im guessing the past owner or dealer forgot to put it back on after changing the oil previously?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Most later model BMW's do not have this drain door as a standard item.

I think the Xi package and Diesels have it. If you search either Xi or Diesel models you should find the part number. As I recall it is about $15.

Also if you search the site carefully you will see folks have posted the part number.

Edit: If RealOEM does not show the actual part number, but the item is pictured, it usually means your car did not have this part as standard equipment!

#8 ·
that part number would be correct if its the same cover for an m3.

when i type it in ETK it shows that fits all m3's. i've never been able to find that part in the catalog for any other e46

#7 ·
I got one from Tisher. My order history does not show the part # nor do I remember it now but it's in their catalog.

OEM Catalog
COVER 1 $4.66 $0.00 $4.66
OEM Catalog
C-CLIP NUT 1 $1.06 $0.00 $1.06
OEM Catalog
CIRCLIP 1 $0.21 $0.00 $0.21

#10 ·
I have the part number on my other computer, I'll let you know later when I get home. But I did find it on this site when I was looking for it, in one of the threads, so you can search and you'll find it. And you do need that little circlip with a little white washer and a screw too.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.