E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Angel Eyes and The Retrofitting Job

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JayKayo 
#1 ·
Let me start off by saying this, I've had DEPOs in my previous '05 325Ci and the headlights themselves were crappy (aimed down too low, can't adjust) but the angel eyes that came inside with them were good.

This time around, I have an '05 330Ci ZHP.

I decided to give Umnitza a try with their Orion V2's. (I called Umnitza and they don't have V4's for facelift E46 coupes yet and may/may not go into making them)

Anyways, I went local to find someone to install them into my factory HID headlights, didn't want to take them out and ship them to Umnitza and wait for x days/weeks. They recommended me to Simon, aka nomis_nehc on the 5-series forums.

His work is top-notch, and professional. He can definitely retrofit your headlights faster than Umnitza can at half (well, maybe not half but close) the price.

Right out of the box

From a feet or two away

Passenger pair, obvious gaps if you view them up-close

Driver's side pair, same gaps where the wires connect to the ring itself

Headlights off, only AE's on

It took a few hours and the wiring was a pain in the ass but it worked out in the end and it looks and runs great.

Few notes: He primarily works on 5-series headlights but obviously does others too.
Umnitza ripped me off by not including the night controller when I paid for the option, or it doesn't work. :thumbdwn:
You don't need to be there in person like I was, he received a shipment of headlights from Florida while he was working on mine.
Umnitza has 0 reputation on the 5-series forums but Simon's is spotless lol

Consider this a customer review/ad for his work, if you're interested in contacting him, shoot me a PM and I'll give you his direct contact info. :hi:

*Simon if you're reading this, the extra bills were for you! GJ and thanks again.

See less See more
#4 ·
This is a little nit-picky on my part, but is it not physically possible to align the gaps in the same position on the inner and outer , and from the left to right sides? I would have asked that the gaps all be aligned at the 12:00 position (or 6:00 or 3:00, whatever). It would make them less noticeable, and more like an intentional design, and it would give it a more OEM look. But I don't know if something in the design or wire placement prevents that sort of thing.
But they look really good, and are very bright!

#6 ·
Very true, it bugged me when I looked back on it and realized that. But when he first set them in, it looked like it was aligned already and I didn't even really notice until I looked at the pictures above. Still bugs me but it can't be noticed at all unless you look at it from inches away.

Looks awesome.....what did he charge?
Thanks! It was $120. It was his first time working on a facelift E46 coupe since he usually does E60 headlights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.