E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Guyss I wanna do thiss

5K views 54 replies 37 participants last post by  ac_2007 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has ever done this if anyone has what do I need exactly! but it'l look so cool..

I GOT THIS

and I want to turn it into this

Any idea on how to do it!? thankss

See less See more
#37 ·
Sad but true.... I miss my preface 330! (Front end only)

#38 ·
that's just a "facelift" front. really not nearly as hard as others have made it sound. come on, it's just bolt on parts. quick list is the hood, kidneys, fenders, headlight assemblies, lower trim and sidemarker lights. if you want to do the bumper that's an M-Tech II which is going to add more to it. if you were to get lucky you could find same color in a salvaged car but the painting is costly.

if you want to know more about what's involved. ask this guy. he recently did similar to his 2000 coupe.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=922146

#40 ·
who the heck doesn't like a facelift coupe front end??? IMO it's friggin' sexy!!! I thought about doing this too but thought about it after i did the color conversion... soooo i pass. If i had a beat up/project car, I d consider painting it right? So there you go, since I'm there... i d do the facelift conversion. So i say, don't do it OP. Your car is nice the way it is now. Go for another type of mod that would make it dope. There are so many perfectly modded pre-facelift coupes out there, check them out for ideas!

#41 ·
If you don't like the Facelift front end (coupe or sedan) it's because you're jelly.

The only car that would look worse as a facelift is the M3. Conveniently they never made it that way.

The pre-facelift sedan is the most dated looking of all E46s, thanks to the down-turned corner lenses.

#43 ·
It's all personal opinion, but there are many pre-facelift coupes on here that have been modded and look awesome. Personally, I looked for a long time for my replacement 2002.

For the money I would do some maintenance and get some wheels. Maybe an M-tech bumper? Sometimes I want one but I like the original one, too.

Do what you want but I think you could do a lot more for a lot less than face lifting it.

#46 ·
I actually might prefer a pre-facelift coupe to the facelift. Don't get me wrong, the facelift coupe is definitely more modern and the lines flow better, but I don't think pre-facelift coupes look half bad. Especially with an M-Tech II kit. Sedans are another story. Pre-facelift sedans look very dated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.