E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Group Buy: HD Dashcam - DR400G HDII

6K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  DeclanM3 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Came across a group buy on M3Forum. It's for a dashcam, I was actually looking at buying this camera on eBay a couple of weeks ago and it's a solid $100 more for the camera and Power Magic Pro.

Click me

There are heap of reviews and videos on YouTube so I'll let you guys search around.

#4 ·
Yeah me two. I was going to buy one of these a couple of weeks ago but never got around to it then saw the group buy.

Power Magic Pro was an additional $24. Comes with a 16GB memory card. Unsure about warranty but I assume it would be the same as all the eBay ones.

count me in always wanted one of these, but ill point it on the inside for those "stain" days and be ready when fanatics reply, "pics of girl?"
Haha! Good idea! Just so long as we don't need to see you...

#8 ·
Click the "Click me" link then probably click the "Buy now" button?

You can do it Jarryd!!

This is what I have. Solid feature set. (It's not GoPro video and sound quality)
Also has an issue where (even though the camera can run in the heat/sun) the SD card cannot!
As soon as the SD card steps outside its comfort zone the camera will flip out like you pulled the card out while recording. Hard to find class 10 microSD that has military specs for temperature :rofl:

Has lots of wind noise if you have a window open.

C.N.: it's a fantastic "crash" cam and parking surveillance cam with it's motion detection and cached recording, that's about it.
This. It wasn't designed to be an action sports camera, purely for crashes and car parks.

I wouldn't get one instead of a GoPro. Get one in addition to... :D

#7 ·
This is what I have. Solid feature set. (It's not GoPro video and sound quality)
Also has an issue where (even though the camera can run in the heat/sun) the SD card cannot!
As soon as the SD card steps outside its comfort zone the camera will flip out like you pulled the card out while recording. Hard to find class 10 microSD that has military specs for temperature :rofl:

Has lots of wind noise if you have a window open.

C.N.: it's a fantastic "crash" cam and parking surveillance cam with it's motion detection and cached recording, that's about it.

#13 ·
My brother went with the Blackvue from this group buy..... awaiting delivery and will post up some video :thumbup:

The power magic pro is cool little device.... wonder if there are any similar products for comparison. Can't be too hard for someone who has a good understanding of electrical circuits to build on :dunno:

#14 ·
I've had mine for nearly a year, no problems (except SD card, but that's the Aus climate for you)
I'm guessing they pulled it because of the issues I had trying to get one into the country, Pittasoft did not want them to leave Korea, the new version is the same with an additional (de)feature: it will not allow you to change the operating language - so all Korean market cams will likely stay in Korea.

#17 · (Edited)
Good to see you got it. Mitch got his today too. I think mine is at work waiting for me.

I've heard some average feedback regarding the audio quality. For me I purchased based on the video quality as the most important ability for me is to make out registration numbers. Good audio quality would be nice though..

#19 · (Edited)
Here's where I mounted mine, not perfect as it has a bit of the black plastic around the rain sensor in the side of the frame. Perhaps I need to move it to the right slightly more.

Here are 2 quick videos from my test run. I went for a 10 minutes drive and managed to find 2 morons!

http://youtu.be/9kA14LxyjNw

http://youtu.be/5UCNUYPQLV4

Attachments

#21 ·
Not sure if that camera can function as a dashcam. The idea of a dash cam is that it records automatically when the car turns on. I've even got this set up so that it records for 6 hours after the car is turned off and only saves the files if it detects motion.

It also writes over old files that you have chosen not to keep should it run out of space.

With a GoPro or the like you'd have to constantly hit the record button each time you start the car and format the card almost every day.

Dash cams also save small files 1/2/3 minutes with GPS tagging so you can quickly find the file you want by searching on a map or time etc. and don't need to worry about trimming it down.

#30 · (Edited)
I want high definition to ensure any 'issues' are recognisable. Something like these: http://www.szswill.com/car-camera.html
Don't really need GPS tracking, but keen on the G sensor, so if in a bump or the car goes hit whilst in a car park, recording starts by itself.
Also want something that's orientated for us RHS drivers. I noticed some have switches on the left which makes it awkward for us smart sided drivers to use. _sl_

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.