E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What's THE Best D2S Bulb?

21K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  buckr 
#1 ·
I'm looking for replacement D2S bulbs for my headlights (stock adaptive xenons) for my ZHP - I've seen too many websites/brands/types/etc.

What brand/manufacturer makes the best high-quality ones? I'm looking for 6000K plug-and-play ones that will just take 10 minutes to replace the factory bulbs that I'm still running.

I've heard that Philips' Ultinon 6000K ones are good but then again, Khoalty's got some listed (no brand name mentioned) at a much lower price and has 1 or 2 good reviews....plus 100's of other kinds out there. :hmm:

#13 ·
Osram are good, our experience has been poor with them in general but most people like them. The experience is more related to their wholesale pricing (very high) and their relative lack of "color" that we like (perhaps it was the style they pushed on us).
Anyways, we prefer now to use and sell our 85122WX and standard 85122 bulbs from Philips. We got a great deal on them, and passed that savings on. If anyone wants the cheaper simple non-branded ones, we've dropped our price on those to $30 shipped, but they are only average bulbs and usually last between 6-24 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.