E46 Fanatics Forum banner

ACS3 E46 375hp N/A M52tu?

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  NOVAbimmer 
#1 · (Edited)
I read an article today in "Total BMW" magazine about an AC schnitzer E46 that they called the AS3 (only offered in europe of course), which has a 375hp NA M52TU 3.2 litre. Im really more interested in the engine. All it said in the article was bespoke, performance pistons, and forged conrods. Thats alot of power from an NA M52TU. They must have done more to the engine than that. I looked online a bit but I havent found anymore info about it. Its for sure an m52Tu, NOT an S54 or S52 either. ANYWAY, kinda cool I guess, thought I'd share and see if you fellow E46 geeks know anything about it. ;)

http://www.total-bmw-mag.co.uk/features/feature-car/731-schnitzers-acs3

#11 ·
Ok now don't quote me, but from what I understand, the m52 and m54 are basically the same block. Considering that the s54 block can be bored out to 3.5 liters, and it's based on the m54 block, I can see that being possible, but that'd be a lot of things to change, even to reach 375hp. That's a huge leap. And I'm sure it has built internals, again, don't quote me, but I am pretty sure the m54 wouldn't be able to handle that without being built, at least if it wasn't built the life would be quite short. So using that, I'd guess it's fully built, bored, sleeved, brand new m52

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.