E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Mod Ideas For E46325i?

9K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  aahmed2016 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I've been bitten by the mod bug, and I really want to get to modding my 325i [White:thumbsup:eek: it looks a bit less generic. I want ideas, as I'm new to the E46 life, I want it to look as original as possible as well!
My current mods, or ones I am in progress of getting are as follows:
1. Angel Eye Kit, got it for 20$ from ebay, SainSpeed store if anyone was wondering, came with 4 119mm rings, 2 inverters[not sure exactly what they're called] the mounting tabs, and a few small pieces of double sided tape, I tested out all four, and they are great!
2. Low profile performance tyres, Pirelli in the back, Falken in the front.
3. OEM style 44's
4. Super Cleaning in and out. Wash&Wax, detailing, all done by me. :D
5. Second Lighter. Also installed by me. :D
6. Slight lowering.

List of things I plan to get:
1. LED White/Amber taillights
2. Touch up on the paintwork
3. Dynavin [Currently broke, going to gather up some money and maybe order a clone or so.]
4. I currently have the black trim [Interior] and I want to go for the wood trim, just for a cleaner look.
5. I think I might get the exterior Impact strips sanded smooth, and then painted Alpinweiss [color of car]
6. Maybe, a m3 style small lip spoiler [pass me your opinions]
7. Swap interior lighting with LED's
8. Slotted brake rotors
9. I want to swap out the old 44's for a newer, less curbed set of 135's
10. Also, I'm thinking about getting a ZHP style/ M3 style front bumper.
11. I really want to get spacers for the rear wheels, as the back ones are [I believe] supposed to be staggered,
cause those are deep in the wheel well. I found a few Hub Centric ones, that come with extended lugs, and are under 100.
Once again, I want to maintain the stock look, and make it look a bit more modern. So please no bodykits, 20 inch rims, or purple headlights.
I really am not sure if I have a ZHP or not.. [Noobcake] :evil:
Once again, thanks!

See less See more
#6 ·
Cooling system maintenance is not a "mod". It's maintenance.

As far as additional mods, I might suggest: black out kidneys, I like the look on a white car, and to be honest, I think updating the style 44s, I also updated to a newer stereo that was Sirius compatible and added the OEM sirius module, it's been one of my favorite mods.

In addition, would you post a pic of trim? I've been rocking wood trim for six years now and would definitely consider swapping with you!

#10 ·
Welcome to e46fanatics! You should post a picture of your car.

You should get projector headlights with HID's if you are going to put angel eyes on. They look funky with halogen which I assume you have. I'd stick with the black trim inside as well, it flows a lot better.

In all honesty though, brace yourself for spending serious money on not so fun car parts. Like already mentioned you should go ahead and research about a cooling system overhaul. There are plenty of other things you will likely need to replace to ensure your car stays running and healthy, and if you start buying things like you've listed left and right, you will find yourself struggling to own the car.

There are plenty of things your car needs. You might not be aware yet, but the issues that need to be addressed will show themselves soon, and you'll be lost.

#24 ·
Thanks for the advice! Luckily, most parts are in sound mechanical order, and being 15, If I run into problems, my dad is always there for me, it's just that this is gonna be my first car soon, and I really want to know it inside and out!

#11 ·
Take out those angel eyes and get led ones since what you have will fail and might catch fire. I recommend Umnitza Orion lites.

Get the m3 lip off eBay, black grills and the clear corners and tails from khoalty. You can get silver gauge rings as well to freshen up the interior and I have a vid on YouTube on how to take the cluster apart and paint the needles red.

#20 ·
Take out those angel eyes and get led ones since what you have will fail and might catch fire. I recommend Umnitza Orion lites.
Get the m3 lip off eBay, black grills and the clear corners and tails from khoalty. You can get silver gauge rings as well to freshen up the interior and I have a vid on YouTube on how to take the cluster apart and paint the needles red.
Ahmed, You should've got the LED version angel eyes instead of CCFL. They could cause fire!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App
Both of you are saying opposites, What I currently have is I believe LEDs, here's a link to what I bought, these are the exact same. http://************/cwx2ypt Installed them myself. :smokin:

#12 ·
Welcome to the boards man! Sounds like you have a nice clean set up. We have a nice set of LED Tail Lights and we have the Stoptech front and rear rotors which are a great upgrade to the car and both function great while giving your car a nice look! Good luck with the build!

#21 ·
As for the LED tails, How Much for all four? and the rotors, I'm kind of on and off, because I don't need it, but I just like to have a spare set. But I do need to change my pads though, like I can't go a day of driving without having to wash and clean behind the fenders. Brake dust everywhere!

#14 ·
It really doesn't matter what you do styling-wise, OP. The only thing that really makes a difference is having a clean finish and enough stickers. Too few and no one will notice or care. Too many...they'll think you're over the top even if you haven't modded anything. But, with the right balance of stickers in the right places, your car will look boss!

#27 ·
I don't exactly like the look of stickers, TBH I removed one that was on there this afternoon, I currently have a American flag on the trunk because I backed it into a tree, and fixed the dent for the most part, but for the little bit that was there, my dad covered with the emblem sticker thing.

#19 ·
Hard to believe you want to swap piano black interior trim for myrtle wood. I know looks are subjective, but that is nuts.

I had the piano black on my '01 325i and wouldn't have traded it for anything. Last year for that trim in the E46 - if you do swap it out, don't be doing any straight-up trades with anybody. Most people don't want the wood trim - you could probably find some for pennies while selling your black trim for considerably more.

#35 ·
Also, I need to replace both exterior mirror glasses, [The infamous rust has got them] and I'm looking on eBay, and The OEM Heated Mirror glass with the backing plate, [exact same as my current one, but new] costs 35 dollars shipped, and that's the price for ONE. I also looked around a bit more, and found multiple sets of ENTIRE exterior mirrors, [ left and right together] for 42 dollars shipped. The 42 dollar ones come with the housing, and have LED turn signals, [I can wire them in] and power applications. Obviously, they are aftermarket, but are guaranteed to fit my car. I can install them for sure, and I'm getting my car touch up painted in maybe a month, so I think the aftermarkets are the way to go, am I right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.