E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Idles fine until you give it a rev

800 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rapuara 
#1 · (Edited)
Unable to road test yet.
my 1999 e46 318i idles fine when stationary until I take the rpm up to 2000rpm then it bogs and stalls unless I take my foot off the gas.
Engine replaced at mechanics with everything on the engine replaced (gaskets etc)
Fuel filter replaced
Fuel pump replaced

Fresh fuel.
Took it for a drive around my driveway but bogs if accelerator is applied normally, the km/L gauge under the RPM Tacho is saying up to 5km/L when I barely can open up the throttle.

Could it be intake needing adjustment or a regulator adjustment.

Give me your thoughts and knowledge.

Thanks people

Great forum

#2 · (Edited)
Throwing codes? Just had similar issue after fixing my throttle cable. After reconnecting everything a few times it went away, my thought was one of them was not fully seated until the last go round.

#3 ·
No codes,
The car is fine and drives and handles beautifully now!!!
It was just because the engine has never been started up before after its rebuild. After a year rebuilding the car back to full original I took it for a full day out cruising along the coast and through the city (Adelaide, Australia)
I bought the car from Filipino women, she is first owner on the records... But it had compression loss in engine, gearbox limp/stuffed, every code was being throwing at me, warning lights etc, suspension front to rear components, etc....purchased for 500 bucks but with the cleanest body, no dents rolling on 17" style 68 rims)
The car has undergone a FULL revamp. Everything has been revamped or replaced (5grand in total).

Even got the valet keys/functions working.

Cheers people for everything. After a year, and it's all because of this forum I have worked on my first euro car, after being a Rotary guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.