E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tazam3 Exact Specs

4K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  TaZaM3 
#1 ·
HI GUYS i would like to know how much does taza have at the crank WITHOUT nos. Are the 563 rwhp with or without NOS? does he run stock internals? is it true he has a larger rotrex sc than in the usual stage 2 ?

#8 ·
Taz I saw your car at the last BimmerFest. I think you've replaced you side doors? at least the inside was all carbon fiber. As far as I could tell through the tint. Your car weighs 3150 that's only 250 less than stock. Did you do a lot of weight reduction? I thought it would be relatively easy to drop 400 lbs from the car. What the hell weighs so much in our cars ?!

#11 ·
80-90 lbs for the blower. The intercooler and all. Yeah, I can see that being heavy. I assume it throws off the balance in the car as well.

I am just trying to figure the best way to get most performace out of the car w/o sacrificeing reliability.

I think, I am starting to realize that I'll just keep my M the way it is, and invest in a NOBLE M400. Yeah, I think I'll just do that instead. Thanks.

#13 ·
I'd imagine that the weight increase for everything is somewhere btwn 150-200lbs in the front. Just a guess. With lightweight front seats and a CF hood you might be looking at a nice loss of weight approaching the 100-150lb range but you're right, itd be nice if you could lose the weight right where its being added which is in the engine compartment. So really, the hood is the only thing that brings you back down to front end weight balance.

Now that I think about it, prolly the best route to go would be a CF trunk and CF roof (legit, not an overlay) and then lightweight front seats and a set of BBKs that are NOT impossibly heavy like most Brembo's and StopTech's are. I know UUC's brakes are forged and quite lightweight.

In other words, the amount of effort to bring the car back to 50/50 balance would cost a helluva lot. Get the Noble :drool:

#17 ·
I think he's got a whole cage. Yeah, I remember seeing that and though, WHY? this only add more weight. But I guess staying alive is more important than just shedding weight.

In terms of removing weight in the engine bay. How big is the A/C unit, I can live w/o it, I never turn it on because it just takes power away. BBKs are heavy and being unspring weight it almost makes it seem counter productive. Once I've seen this brake kit advertized in the BVAUTO mag for like 5k. Titanium, they came with a silver suit case too (how funny). Those could possibly be alright, if they are lightweight and durable. However, I've yet to see a single car with them on and at 5k it also seems to be not worth the price.

The only problem with Noble is I don't know how long it'll last. It's roughly $100k and to spend it on a car that'll barely go over 10k miles and die doesn't seem worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.