E46 Fanatics Forum banner

foot vent air problems?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Hamsocne 
#1 ·
Sorry I have to ask, why does my 2002 bmw 330i blow so little air in the foot vent? the other two vent work fine and a lot of air come out even the ac make me cold but the foot vent is weak. My foot wold get so hot and uncomfortable on a long trip even thought i have the front vent and foot vent turn on and ac is almost max out? My little 2000 civic si can do a better job and keep my foot vent cold and front at the same time, i mean a lot of air come out when when it's not on max ac. How do i fix this problem? or is this a common problem and i have to live with it? reaching 100 degree in california and the foot vent suck. Maybe there a switch under the foot vent? I have ac max out and all the three vent selected but foot vent so little air come out?

#5 ·
I usually only use the middle vent with ac so cold air is directed to my face and upper body. You mentioned that you select all three vents. Maybe just use the middle and foot vents and see if you get more air directed to your feet. If you are driving alone you can close the passenger side vent, too. Can't hurt to give it a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.