E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Kentucky Crew - 2011 Chat

49K views 398 replies 29 participants last post by  auto180sx 
#1 ·
Hey guys & gals,

We had a pretty good thread last year (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=743248), lets keep it going!

Welcome all 2011 members from KY, hopefully they find this thread.

Lets use this thread to chat, and help out other KY members when their E46 is down! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#5 ·
40229!

Your doin a great job John!
Thanks man. Just want to get some kind rapport build in case a car goes down and it is an emergency! My 3-Series is down right now and I'm waiting on parts :(

I'm in Louisville. Anyone aware of wheels for sale? Looking for 18" CSL reps or Style 71s to put on my vert in the spring. Thanks....
I'm not aware of anything to be honest.

#6 ·
40220 here. My 330ci is still down. Got in a wreck in the end of October. Took the repairs myself. Total cost was 4100. This is all the parts I have ordered, paint and body shop repair. Should have her back up again in the next few weeks. In the meantime, I have been driving an 03 CooperS, a very fun car.

#7 ·
My Dad has an 2010 Cooper S. Pretty sweet car. You would never know that turbo is there!

#13 ·
I agree. Seems like you are always playing catch up!! :(

Mines about to go and get a coolant flush and getting all the hoses and the pump checked and to find a vibration near my front passenger wheel. I wanted to do this myself but we couldnt get any ramps. :/
Do you have any jack / jackstands? You don't have to use ramps if you don't have them. I don't even have ramps :(

Let me know how that vibration turns out. When I brake, I hear a clunk noise after I let off the brakes at the passenger front. I've already replaced the pads/rotors, but I'm about to bleed the system next. I really hope it isn't the caliper :(

#17 ·
Man my car is still down thanks to this vendor (NOT a forum sponsor). I ordered my parts on January 5th, 2011 right? It is January 19th, 2011 and I nothing. Nada.

I got the bracket that holds the expansion tank with the drain screw, and a fuel filter, along some other tiny part. It isn't like I'm order a M54 engine block lol.

#18 ·
Actually cancel that. I just got notification the parts have been delivered to my home. 14 days... Jeez. Let me be frank: Sometimes the cheapest price doesn't mean the best deal. Even if it is OEM. I can take my car being down for 7 days, but anything longer than 10 and I start to get paranoid.

#22 ·
What about PullAPart?

TRNSPRTR, the company didn't let me know until 5 days in the order that one of my parts was flat out unavailable and then asked me if I wanted to process the order still. That could have taken all of 10 minutes of looking up the parts in the system. They also failed to inform me a $2 part was a special order item that held up the process even longer.

Believe it or not, I have found out that the BMW dealer on Hurstbourne Ln. in Louisville, KY is actually pretty good on prices. I'm going to them for now on.

#23 ·
Yea, going to be checking pull a part. Good suggestion. I am now looking for a hood. I bought one from vpanya on here in mid nov, but couldn't get around to having it and my bumper and fender painted until now. Just unwrapped the thing and it has about 15 dents on it. I'm so ticked...money is tight around here being a grad student with a pregnant wife.......should've checked it immediately. We live and learn, I guess.....just hate to get screwed by a fellow e46er.

#24 ·
That sucks man.

I got my car fixed with the coolant and VCG, so it is back on the road. Now I have a more interesting problem. It seems that the front right turn signal bulb keeps burning out for no reason. I just replaced it last night and it didn't even stay on this morning.

#26 ·
I'll do that sometime this weekend, I'm getting VERY tired of the fast clicking!

I searched the forum and it seems the connector can go out too.

#27 ·
Man you guys are gonna laugh at me.

So I pop open the front passenger turn signal light housing to see why the bulb went out so quickly, and you ready for this? I didn't put the bulb all the way in. It literally was rolling around in there! I reseated it properly and put it back in. Works great now. :facepalm:

Oh well, I rather it be something silly versus serious!

#28 ·
Don't forget... BMW meet today in Louisville off of Warnock avenue by I-65!!!

3 P M!!

#33 · (Edited)
Honestly, I'm going to say DICE. I am so tired of the public radio here in Louisville. I would kill to have either iPod or satellite radio capabilities in my car!

EDIT: Meet was good times, a rare E30 M3 showed up! Great looking car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.