E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Kentucky Crew - 2011 Chat

49K views 398 replies 29 participants last post by  auto180sx 
#1 ·
Hey guys & gals,

We had a pretty good thread last year (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=743248), lets keep it going!

Welcome all 2011 members from KY, hopefully they find this thread.

Lets use this thread to chat, and help out other KY members when their E46 is down! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#35 ·
Yeah, one of the group organizers got pictures, when he posts them I'll share in this thread. Hell, even an X5 showed!

#37 ·
My car is bone stock actually on the exterior save for black/white emblems. You should show next time anyways. Need more E46s there! Mainly E30 / E36

#39 ·
I'm looking into a wheel "upgrade" :eeps: I might do it this month or next.

#41 ·
Yeah I saw that. Time attack sort of look. Not sure if I want that or not. I'm considering powder coating my wheels.

#42 · (Edited)
Hit a deep pothole off Murphys Lane Tuesday night in the rain. Severely Bent both rims on passenger side--have 2 on order, will be here next week, will post images of the wheels and pothole when I get the new wheels put on-- will need 4 wheel alignment also

Driving around in a new Lexus IS250 AWD, very small inside, hate the sound the engine makes, drives nice though and the transmission with paddle shifters shifts quickly and smoothly. Wish mine shifted that quickly.

Want to make the next OKI meeting--didn't make this one --other obligations--maybe I can bring my 344iC--if its nice out

#43 ·
^ I definitely understand. That sucks you bent two wheels! That would drive me crazy.

#44 ·
Just slapped my new fuel filter in. Not a bad DIY if someone in the area has been contemplating it! Just make sure to have some sort of drain pain for the fuel. Not sure what a dealer or should would have charge, but the filter ran me about $63.

#46 ·
Hmm... I actually went to a NAPA/AZ type filter at first (I mean it is a filter right?), well AZ gave me this:

Lets look at OEM:

Big differences, I'm really surprised they sold me the first one. I returned the AZ filter immediately when I saw the OEM. Who the hell designed the top one?

#48 ·
Well see that is the weird thing, there are 4 hoses underneath my car, so I don't know where they get that two would work.

#50 ·
I saw a silver E46 Coupe lowered with 19" M6 reps today on Hurstbourne in Louisville. Great looking car! Unfortunately, I was in motion, so no pics, but it looked like an older guy was driving it. Wonder if he is on here?

#51 · (Edited)
Hello all! Ive been lurking around here for a while so I figured I would introduce myself. I have a 93 325iS and a 00 323i, neither one of them are anything special, lol. Im currently living in Louisville and look forward to warmer weather and get out to some local meets and what not. Also, if anyone is looking for some style 45 wheels (factory 323i 16's) I have a set of 4 with almost brand new tires for sale. Thanks, and I look forward to meeting some folks

#54 ·
OK. Wheels finally came in. Replaced them. Seems that the rims aren't bent as much as I thought. One of them is good enough to use as a spare. The combination of low profile tires and lowered suspension compounded the dent in the rear wheel along with the camber settings being thrown out 2.3 degrees in front and 1.3 in the rear. I have to take it to evolution autosports for an alignment. Taking it wednesday. Will add an image of the wheel later. Wont let me upload from my iPhone

#60 ·
OK. Wheels finally came in. Replaced them. Seems that the rims aren't bent as much as I thought. One of them is good enough to use as a spare. The combination of low profile tires and lowered suspension compounded the dent in the rear wheel along with the camber settings being thrown out 2.3 degrees in front and 1.3 in the rear. I have to take it to evolution autosports for an alignment. Taking it wednesday. Will add an image of the wheel later. Wont let me upload from my iPhone
I've heard a lot of bad things about that place. Care to give a review?

#59 ·
Got my hood, fender, and front bumper painted......putting the hood and stuff on tomorrow. Still need to take the car to BMW ( just once ), so that they can put that putty type stiff over the welds on the unibody pieces. After that, I can put fender on, and she should be back and running! Can't wait.

#64 ·
I take my car to Big O by the house in Hillview. :eeps:

I'm also on stock everything too btw. Glad to see this thread is really starting to take off with people finding it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.