E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Which trim?

Want to wrap trim but need idea/opinions

12K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  mvrk10256 
#1 ·
So after seeing chade46s car i have been toying with the idea of wrapping my trim in fabric. i want something unique and am not interested in CF or brushed aluminum vinyl.

So i went to joannes and walked around for a bit and had them cut me small pieces of different materials. and now i would like you guys to vote on them. I have a TiAg sedan with a black leatherette interior and black trim.

also if you have some idea about what to wrap it in please feel free to let me know. especially if you can photoshop it in.

Thanks

trim 1 (flannel)

trim 2 (linen)

trim 3 (linen)

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
first off, try selling your trim first. A few people out there want the piano black trim, then buy yourself some wood trim. This will help someone, and you won't ruin nice trim with fabric. Second, I would go with the second trim. It matches the theme of the interior, while not standing out so much. It also looks like it would blend really well with the trim all around the car

#29 ·
Reminds me of a tablecloth at a cheap restaurant :rofl:

Also, keep in mind that the 77 spray might leak through that fabric and look funky.

I think using a japanese kimono fabric would be pimp

#26 ·
im diggin option two its chill and classy and would be totally fvcking unique. plus those colors are mellow. people that flame the idea of clothe wrapping trim probly havent seen it... its pretty ballerin when done correctly.

i know for a fact that a gay lumberjack and a race car driver picked these out.

#40 ·
those thin fabrics will, im toying with the same project and every piece of actual fabric ive tried has. youre gonna need something with a solid backing, not fabric on the back. ive tried 2 kinds of glue and about a dozen different kinds of thinner fabrics that i liked, my next step is to try contact paper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.