E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Which trim?

Want to wrap trim but need idea/opinions

12K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  mvrk10256 
#1 ·
So after seeing chade46s car i have been toying with the idea of wrapping my trim in fabric. i want something unique and am not interested in CF or brushed aluminum vinyl.

So i went to joannes and walked around for a bit and had them cut me small pieces of different materials. and now i would like you guys to vote on them. I have a TiAg sedan with a black leatherette interior and black trim.

also if you have some idea about what to wrap it in please feel free to let me know. especially if you can photoshop it in.

Thanks

trim 1 (flannel)

trim 2 (linen)

trim 3 (linen)

Attachments

See less See more
#51 ·
i dont want a black headliner or pillars. my car is a car not a cave.....

at least pick something with a little nicer pattern like you see on the gti seats or something . . . sorry but the checkers are just the wrong scale (too big) and the other one is kind of ugly IMO

something more like this might look alright
http://media.photobucket.com/image/gti fabric seats/mrgreek2002/GTIPlaid.jpg
i definitly like the flannel, and i guess i will look for some other patterns.

I mean i will try it. if it doesnt work out, i will probably just pull the fabric off, sand t down and paint it silver .

#54 ·
lol. i am not, just trying to tap into the vast resource that is this site. when it comes to taking apart engines i know quite a bit, and can help, but when it comes to fabric shopping i am a total and complete noob. and my fashion sense is not exactly top rate either.

i just want some input from people who understand these things better than me.

#55 ·
I would avoid anything with horizontial lines in it, as it can get a bit wonky and not very straight. Out of those above options I would go with the second fabric. While I like the pattern, I'm not entirely sold on the colour. It doesn't really compliment the rest of the interior. Try to get something with monotone colours, or if you have coloured accents around the car, try to match those.

P.S: Post up a picture of you interior and if I got time, I'll photoshop a mock-up.

#56 ·
unfortunately i dont have any interior cues. my shift knob is brushed aluminum but the rest is black. and i dont know that i necessary want the pattern to be straight...

thanks for the offer, but could you use one of the shots from the beginning of the thread? i dont really have any interior pics

i am also swamped with school for the next week but during spring break i am going to hit all the nice cloth shops in the area and see what i can find. I will update this thread with new pics. but if i find something nice i will just go for it.

thanks for all your opinions and help. keep it coming,

#61 ·
i like the piano blk better but hey its your car. do it go with the second one and post pics:)
i say good idea going unique, but i don't like any of those patterns at all. post up some different patterns
Whatever you can stand to look at on a daily basis... None of those options I would be able to... I understand being bored with a plain interior. But seriously?

like i said school is creating a lot of pain in my life at the moment. as soon as spring break hits, i am going to hit up every store with the word fabric in the title around here. which according to google is a like 6-7 random stores. I will collect swatches, and hopefully i can find something really cool.

thanks for allthe comments guys. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.