#1 ·
Hello BMW Experts!
Seems ECS has a great deal on the BMW OEM performance floating lite rotors:
front: $149.95
rear: $129.95

What do you experts think?

Murf :woot:

#8 ·
no, it won't fit. it's only meant for e90.

does it mean that it's impossible? no, others have gotten it to fit by getting custom brackets made. but i still don't see why you'd want to do that considering these brakes weren't meant for the e46 so you're messing with brake bias.

best to wait and find something on classifieds, i've seen stoptechs for 1200 in the past.

#16 · (Edited)
double - can't delete!

#17 ·
Just ordered mine this afternoon!!!! Just when I thought I was going to have to go with zimmerman or something else, since all of the other sponsors seem to have upped their prices back to list on these. Thank you ECS and littlebear for bringing my attention to this.

#19 ·
Most people are going with HAWK Ceramic Compound Performance Pads

The ultimate stopping power in an ultra-low dust low noise ceramic compound!

Hawk Performance has introduced a premium high performance ultra-low dust low noise compound called Performance Ceramic.

Performance Ceramic is engineered to reduce brake NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness) creating a quieter performing brake pad.

Furthermore the ceramic brake pad formula has a linear friction profile that allows your ABS brake system to work more effectively.

With Performance Ceramic you can expect reduced brake pad wear lower dust output levels and a rotor-friendly brake pad.

* Ultra-low dust
* Improved braking over OE
* Stable friction output
* Extremely quiet
* Extended pad life
* Increased rotor life

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

#21 ·
Is there any reason I can't go with standard blank rotors (with no holes) on the rear?

I was thinking since the rears are not floating rotors technically, I'd
rather have the advantage of more surface area and more pad life, no rusting holes etc.

Unless of course it is recommended to use these as a complete package front and rear. any input would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.