E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Kentucky Crew - 2011 Chat

49K views 398 replies 29 participants last post by  auto180sx 
#1 ·
Hey guys & gals,

We had a pretty good thread last year (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=743248), lets keep it going!

Welcome all 2011 members from KY, hopefully they find this thread.

Lets use this thread to chat, and help out other KY members when their E46 is down! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#278 ·
M3 mirrors--painted automotivetouchup.com

Got these mirrors for my 344ic, got the paint thru automotivetouchup.com I was skeptical at first but they had vids so I figured the worst thing that could happen is that i had to take them someplace professional-- not the case at all.

Sand and filled in all the scratches, primed with 4 coats of primer then wet sanded with 1000 wet. Waited a day then base coated with 3 coats - waited a half hour then sprayed 3 coats of clear--I was amazed at the results-- see pics

Will post finished pics after wet sanding and buffing.

Took my time, followed directions and this is the result. I wont be afraid to paint small items ever again.

#279 ·
Niiiiiiiice! Looks great!

Well guys I got bad news. I'm looking at another car tonight. It isn't a BMW either. Go ahead and bust my balls, because it is a Civic Si. 2006 with the 6-speed. I'm going to be studying for my CPA and I just need something a lot more dependable. I can't afford to have my car down a week at a time anymore. I'm also going through some job changes so that is another thing too. Won't be able to car pool so I just cannot afford that uncertainty.

#282 ·
Well guys, I just got back from test driving the 2006 Civic Si.

The engine is pretty stout. 8,000 RPMs sounds pretty awesome and the gearbox is excellent. Car handles good too; however in the end it just isn't as good as the E46 IMO. Our car is far superior. Even if it is a piece of crap some days.

#284 ·
Yeah. I just hope that unlike a wife beater it will change it's ways.

#287 ·
Nah. M3 or I'm just keep repairing this heap over and over again.

I couldn't go down in power lol

I told my wife when I get a new job I'm "celebrating" by buying Bimmerbrake headers and a tint job (my god does the car need it).

#288 ·
I must be lucky, or my time is coming. I have had the car for almost 2 years and have put 22k on her, and haven't had any problems at all. Every time I do some preventative maintenance, it appears that whoever owned it before me had done it already in the not too distant past. Just did the VANOS seals over the weekend.

#292 ·
Amen brother. OK. I'm gonna try one more time to get the e36 V8 tuned before C&C in august. The heat is a big factor. They don't want to tune it when it's over 90degrees. Which it has been for over a month now. If I can get it tuned next week that'll give me a week to clean'r up real good. I'm talking engine, engine bay, interior and paint. That's a lot of work.

#293 ·
Well I've already told my wife she better get ready for the car mods when I find my new position. I'm thinking:

Trunk mat (you know, responsible stuff)
Catless headers
Tint

Then I need to fix my interior bits and pieces. The age is really starting to show unfortunately.

#296 ·
Men, if you haven't changed your VANOS seals, do it. Changed mine a few weeks back. Prior to the seals, I was averaging 24.0 - 24.5 mpg. First tank after the seals was 25.2. Next tank was 26.2. Driving has been the same. I didn't notice any difference in power, but I'll take a 2 mpg increase ANY day.

#298 ·
Ouch man... If I told you what it'd cost you on a DIY you may cry.

Anyways, a quick update from me. Seems the Louisville job market isn't working out the best for me. So I'm extending it to other states now, and maybe even international. I actually found a solid job in Dubai worth considering.

#300 ·
It'll be tough, but I'll be there!! :D

Seriously doubt that will come through. I'm applying all over the place... CA, TX, etc.

#319 ·
I'm visiting Dallas in a week and a half for a few days. Gonna see if the wife and I like the city :D

#307 · (Edited)
Only during the day. My office is at the corner of Newtown Pike & New Circle Road.

For all the tint discussion; 25% all around (no windshield) from Pro Tint on Poplar Level Road, Louisville. I think it was $139, but not sure. Lifetime warranty. Bad pics...

EDIT: 20%, not 25%. Price was $137

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.