#1 ·
You'll all love this! I let my wife drive my M3 home
(did her a favor and took her M5 (2002) and fueled it up
for her). I was eager to let her drive it so she could see
the difference between the 2 cars.

A 911 pulled up along side her (her left hand lane) and she
was pretty certain the driver was going to try to beat her out
as the 2 lanes converge into 1 after the light. When the
light turned green she stomped on it (but didn't redline it)
and by the time she got to the next light the porsche was
easliy behind her.

Needless to say.....it was a real "thrill" for her. She's in no way
an aggressive driver......but given the circumstances won't let
anyone take advantage of her either!

Marak

See less See more
#28 ·
FABIO said:
It is so frggin true about those mother fuc..... who have to drive slow next to each other on the highway blocking off the rest of traffic. That is probably one of the most annoying things that can happen to me when driving. Come to think of it i think that is the number one on the list of most annoying drivers.

I completly loose it when drivers do that!!!!! I swear i want to stop those cars take the drivers out and beat them.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

and when you try to pass them on the right, they speed up to block you! those are they worst drivers ever. usually i'll wait for the right moment , downshift and pass them and merge back left. then sometimes they'll get offended and try to pass me back on the right, ha no luck on that! :str8pimpi

#29 ·
FABIO said:
It is so frggin true about those mother fuc..... who have to drive slow next to each other on the highway blocking off the rest of traffic. That is probably one of the most annoying things that can happen to me when driving. Come to think of it i think that is the number one on the list of most annoying drivers.

I completly loose it when drivers do that!!!!! I swear i want to stop those cars take the drivers out and beat them.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
i hear ya, it's people like that that make me wish i could mod my car with scud missiles.... o the joys to be had with those things. :drool:

is it even a law in the US that the left lane is the passing lane (like pretty much everywhere else in the road)? seriously, someone needs to enforce that. traffic would be much better (for fast drivers at least) of course i'm not praising insanely fast driving. just not going 60 in the left lane!!!!!! :censor:

#30 ·
6speed said:
and when you try to pass them on the right, they speed up to block you! those are they worst drivers ever. usually i'll wait for the right moment , downshift and pass them and merge back left. then sometimes they'll get offended and try to pass me back on the right, ha no luck on that! :str8pimpi
ya i always see dumb f@cks just chilling in left lane, going even slower then right lane... i just wanna run them off the road sometimes :banghead:

#31 ·
grizzy727 said:
I have both cars-and believe me the 911 is faster
Mike
I was waiting for this comment to be made by someone !

I let my buddy drive my M3 and we beat a 911 C2 from a dead stop on the highway, we were dead equal till the end of M3's 2nd gear and as soon as he pulled in third we pulled on him a good few cars till 250 KM/H. Mind you it was on 407 in toronto which is a dead highway at 3 AM. :pimpin:

But lets not ruin this thread. So have you yet told your wife about what we said. Nice kill, I love it when ladies know how to drive, specially a bimmer. :thumbup:

#35 ·
yea, as much as i'd like to say nice story, which it is either way, im not sure she knows a 911 versus a Caymen or Boxster... Even the CaymenS is most likely equal to the M3 "sprint" time. You are also basically saying that a 911 has less torque than an m3... I am sure a few additional things involving the 911 driver, were to be taken note of, and not really mentioned in her version or your version of the story.

Impressive good kill nonetheless :thumbup: - I love it when women can drive; my friend beat an E90 330i in her ZHP 330ci....

#38 ·
Noodle555 said:
Oops! Did not see your second post.

I can relate to your frustration. I moved to Canada, BC from London UK. Drivers here are terrible. They have no awareness about them. They drive side by side under the speed limit, hog the "fast" (overtaking lane), pull in right in front of you causing you to brake and tailgate. You have my sympathies. :tsk:
I know what you mean. I'm in Toronto, Canada and the drivers here suck balls. I don't think they even look in their mirrors :ben: It's not fun when you're driving 160km and some a-hole cuts in front of you with his 89 Civic doing 80.

#39 ·
stylinexpat said:
Traffic is caused by people that drive slow in the left lane or fast lane. Traffic is also caused by insensitive people with thick glasses on trying to see what is ahead of them or focus on what is ahead of them that never bother to look in their rear view mirrors and move to to the right to the let people behind them who to wish to pass or move on go. If you see someone who behind you flashing or honking, please move to the right! If you are driving at the same speed in the fast lane as the guy to the right of you, please move to the right and either drive behind him or in front of him and not next to him holding up traffic behind you! Leave one lane for passing or others who wish to go on the left. If you have that much time to kill, exit the freeway and take side streets.

AMEN!

#40 ·
toyrunr said:
how is merging in front of someone taking an advantage of them?

It's because of idiot drivers like you with such mentality the damn freeways are full of traffic at intersections, because no one is willing to merge in proper order and tries to cut everyone else off.
:rofl: :clap: :rofl:

#41 ·
6speed said:

TRAFFIC SOCIETY is a secret underground organization founded by the nervous and the inept. Often times you’ll find SOCIETY operatives in white cars, and almost always in large sedans or minivans. Lately they have added many SUV drivers to their ranks. Operating under the motto: “Keep It Slow”, TRAFFIC SOCIETY will identify high-flow areas of traffic and dispatch members to snarl the road. Recruiting heavily from the ranks of retired individuals, the SOCIETY also seeks out unemployed females, tourists, and others who have plenty of free time to hit the roads. Members will loiter in the left lane, merge in front of you at low speed despite having no one behind you, and frequently flash their headlights or honk when you pass them at a rate greater than 5 mph. This recognition of your high speed will often attract more SOCIETY members to the area. It’s like killing a bee. If ever you spy two or three white vehicles abreast traveling at the same low rate of speed, you are witnessing something rare and tremendously horrific. These are INNER CIRCLE members and they will hit you if you get too close. Please, fellow e46’ers, watch out for TRAFFIC SOCIETY, especially the INNER CIRCLE.

Be wary, and remember: It’s us against them.

#44 ·
mzarolinski said:
It's because of you we have a *ban* function on this forum. We buy these cars to show off and drive them to the designed specifications. If this wasn't the case, we would all have KIAs. You are a piece of S*** and go bash in the TEST forum. :azzhole:
QUOTE]

I dont drive my car anywhere near the limits. I certainly dont think the car *has* to be driven at it's limit to be enjoyed. I like the feeling of having the power if I need it, but I hardly ever need it.
I think one of the best things about the car (or any powerful car) is you dont need to drive fast. I've been at the lights a few times when ppl dont even bother trying to race. When the lights go green, I'll accelerate VERY gently, and the other cars usually just stay behind me. Some kinda psychology going on there I guess.

#45 ·
6speed said:
And it's always ppl with crap cars that do this stupid stuff. Jealousy plays a big part with ppl.

#47 ·
Marak said:
You'll all love this! I let my wife drive my M3 home
(did her a favor and took her M5 (2002) and fueled it up
for her). I was eager to let her drive it so she could see
the difference between the 2 cars.

A 911 pulled up along side her (her left hand lane) and she
was pretty certain the driver was going to try to beat her out
as the 2 lanes converge into 1 after the light. When the
light turned green she stomped on it (but didn't redline it)
and by the time she got to the next light the porsche was
easliy behind her.

Needless to say.....it was a real "thrill" for her. She's in no way
an aggressive driver......but given the circumstances won't let
anyone take advantage of her either!

Marak
I drove a 911 / 2000 Carerra extensive when I was in NY. Comparing it to my M3 w / SMG, the 911 seemed a little quicker out of the hole, the top end on the S54 kills the base 911. :thumbsup:

#48 ·
mustang1 said:
I had a Boxster as well. A 2.7 model. What do you think of the 2 cars?
The boxster I had was a '97, the 1st year for that model. I liked it very
much, especially the handling ability on curves at fast speeds.

I would have liked to get a newer "S" version but decided on the M
because I plan on driving it most of the year (had to store the boxster
in winter).

I think its a matter of preference of course; the newer "S" version probably
could compete pretty close to the M given its hp and slightly lower weight.

On styling........I absolutely loved the lines of the boxster. But now having
had the M for a couple of months I have no regrets.......and very much
appreciate the power and handling of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.