#1 ·
Does anyone know what's involved in "wiring" a stock 05 M3 for connection
to an IPOD?

#7 ·
G
#8 ·
Marak said:
Didn't know that. How do you access the aux jack in back of the
Nav? I mean.......do you have to disassemble the unit?

The jack is on the back of the unit. You'd have to remove the trim around the unit, then pull the NAV unit out to gain access to the back. Plug in the aux cord, and then you can run it to the glovebox or something.

#9 ·
Marak said:
Does anyone know what's involved in "wiring" a stock 05 M3 for connection
to an IPOD?
Your best bet is to get the Dension Ice Link Plus. The BMW OEM input is archaic and stupid compared to the Dension. Dension gives you track titles and artist name on the display of the radio. Plus, you keep your steering wheel controls. It's the best system out there for BMW.

G
#10 ·
driver dude said:
Your best bet is to get the Dension Ice Link Plus. The BMW OEM input is archaic and stupid compared to the Dension. Dension gives you track titles and artist name on the display of the radio. Plus, you keep your steering wheel controls. It's the best system out there for BMW.

I depends on the individual. If ID3 tags aren't that important to the consumer, then the Dension may not appeal to them. Personally, I don't care about ID3 tags considering I have NAV, and would rather have the map displayed. Also, I don't have steering wheel mounted radio controls (ZCP PKG), so that nullifies that issue as well. Not everybody can justify spending $200 just to plug up an IPOD.

#14 ·
S54_Mongrel said:
I depends on the individual. If ID3 tags aren't that important to the consumer, then the Dension may not appeal to them. Personally, I don't care about ID3 tags considering I have NAV, and would rather have the map displayed. Also, I don't have steering wheel mounted radio controls (ZCP PKG), so that nullifies that issue as well. Not everybody can justify spending $200 just to plug up an IPOD.
you choose whcih you want just like you can alternate between nav and the cd screen. Plus, how ofter are you actually using the nav?

Also, even if you don't have steering wheel controls you still have head unit controls

plus each of the numbers is a different playlist...

G
#15 ·
Obioban said:
you choose whcih you want just like you can alternate between nav and the cd screen. Plus, how ofter are you actually using the nav?

Also, even if you don't have steering wheel controls you still have head unit controls

plus each of the numbers is a different playlist...
I use my NAV often, and I'd rather look at the NAV display than ID3 tags. Again, that is just my preference.

I just couldn't personally justify $200.00 for the ICELINK, especially since I rarely use my IPOD as it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.