E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Review: Callahan rotors and pads (eBay)

234K views 260 replies 53 participants last post by  jimi hazel 
#1 ·
I was looking for a cheap alternative to brakes. I came across Callahan performance drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic "quiet" brake pads.

I paid 148.00 shipped for (2) front rotors, front brake pads, and (1) wear sensor. shipping was very timely. I had them 4-5 days after I paid and that included a weekend.

The installation; could not have been easier. Hardest part was expanding the caliper so I could slide it back over the rotor. Everything fit perfectly. The pads went on easier than oem actually.

The ride; was awesome! I've only had them on for a few days but there is absolutely no squeeking like I had prior. The brakes catch so smooth. Everytime I stop for a light or sign I can stop so smooth with out any instant grabbing right before you actually stop (I dont know how to explain it)

Best of all; they look great!! The drilled and slotted rotors are shiny and look great on the car! I'll post pics if anyone is interested but I apologize for no pics prior, I wasn't planning on this review.

Final words; I highly recommend these to every and anyone and I'll be getting some for my rear brakes. Perfect replacement for oem brakes.

See less See more
#184 ·
And half of them didn't have their hearing aids up so they were like "did he say there are bees in the alley? Remind me to go around the long way to the car when we leave hun I'm allergic and forgot my medication on the bathroom floor next to the hemroid cream and baby wipes this morning.". (In an old man voice)

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App

#188 ·
OK. Good to know, D. No Callahan C1 Team China Racing rotors or Kamikaze Racing brake pads for you. DMAX's rotors glow GREEN under heavy braking instead of the typical red. He incorporated argon gas into the steel alloy used to cast the discs. This special gas formula is trade secret and is said to only exist in one set of DMAX Racing rotors on his personal car.

#200 ·
Oh rubbish! Are you trying to tell me that centuries of accumulating metallurgical knowledge by the steel industry (http://www.timken.com/en-us/products/Steel/productlist/types/Pages/default.aspx) and developing hundreds of different alloys thru additives and heat treatment processes makes any difference? Surface hardness and extra attention taken to quality control for tolerances at every manufacturing step is something I should care about?
I'm sure those caring Chinese are up nights thinking about extracting the highest quality braking experience for us. I'm thinking about sending them some iron from my scrap pile so they can cast some rotor billets for me.

Excellent video! Thanks for hunting it up for us.

#202 ·
Yeah those are the same Chinese that put lead paint on our children's toys...
Got news for you; they put lead in their own children's toys! They seem to have no standards in anything they manufacture. The profit$ are the whole story and it's the new wild wild west. I saw footage of sleuth TV where the river thru one of their villages was bright red with chemical waste and 40% of the children in that village had some form of cancer. Nice

I know it's coming and I really can't wait for Chinese designed and manufactured cars come to our country. Many will try them because the price will be amazingly low. So imagine if all the electrics in your e46 were Chinese! I'm going to laugh and laugh at people who ignore the advice to stay away from buying one.
Guess it'll be ready for all those out of work to start tow truck businesses!

#207 ·
Got news for you; they put lead in their own children's toys! They seem to have no standards in anything they manufacture. The profit$ are the whole story and it's the new wild wild west. I saw footage of sleuth TV where the river thru one of their villages was bright red with chemical waste and 40% of the children in that village had some form of cancer. Nice

I know it's coming and I really can't wait for Chinese designed and manufactured cars come to our country. Many will try them because the price will be amazingly low. So imagine if all the electrics in your e46 were Chinese! I'm going to laugh and laugh at people who ignore the advice to stay away from buying one.
Guess it'll be ready for all those out of work to start tow truck businesses!
there are 100% chinese cars here in the UAE. never seen one broken down at the side of the road or in an accident - but there is not a huge number on the road despite being cheap. Sort of like how Daewoo cars were cheap, but never really took off in US or Canada - their death will be lack of common wear parts.

#199 ·
No, I don't get enough attention; I think that's obvious. Otherwise, why would I stand in front of a total group of strangers here or IRL to get it?

I wasn't insulting Mango, but find that sarcasm and lying is a great way to disagree with people. I'm not as worried about your rotors flying apart as him and was writing for you, just in case you got freaked out by the thought that that could happen to you.

You bought rotors no one here has heard of before. At best, you'll find a decent alternative; at worst, I'd guess that your braking will be worse than OE. In every brake thread, I've been pretty consistent in saying that you shouldn't care about dust, and if you track just a few times a year, you shouldn't worry about track pads.

No insult intended to anyone; I'm just writing what I think and some of that is made up (I really don't have a shrine)! :lmao:

No worries, OP...I'll get my attention elsewhere.

#210 ·
soo i just went through a whole thread and still no pics.... wtf...

#221 ·
It's been over half an hour... OP, you still alive? Or at least taken those D/S rotors to the track for real testing?? :) Give us a video!

#223 ·
No. Didn't un-ignore you. I just clicked on "View post." Funny how you call me a troll when you keep bumping this post, calling people out to fight and meet up with you, publicly wishing physical violence and harm on other members, bragging about your lifestyle/girlfriends/etc.

#226 · (Edited)
Don't be jealous please. This was over with and I have said nothing to piss you off or get your feelings hurt. You made a troll comment and I posted a troll dancing, and don't tell me you weren't trolling, because we all know you made that comment just to get a reaction.

I'm not getting pulled into your games again for you to go crying to the mods, and in turn them give me another infraction, just drop it.

#224 ·
#230 ·
Guys like mango would use any 'advantage' he has to discriminate, mock, and belittle others.
Like a bigger car engine, more expensive parts, better maintained, living in a richer state/country and etc.
Maybe as far as having a grand wizard account on Stormfront to he can hang out with his other foreign-hating friends.

#231 ·
#234 ·
Directly from Monroe's website:

Global OE Leadership. Today & Tomorrow.

With a network of 14 advanced engineering centers on five continents, Tenneco is at the leading edge of technology for the original equipment market. Tenneco meets the needs of customers -- including Volkswagen, General Motors, Ford, Toyota, Chrysler, Daimler, BMW, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Nissan and Shanghai Automotive (SAIC) -- expertly tuning the ride of any vehicle to the most exacting specifications.

Embarrassed yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.