E46 Fanatics Forum banner

bmw members need help in portland.

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  hm330 
#1 ·
I'm from Seattle . Driving on 2001 e46 330ci. On the way back I have problem with the car.I stuck @ Portland 2days. When I'm driving the low battery volt show on the instrument and I keep driving for 1h. Everything shut down. .I pull over .try to jump start but nothing happened.I need help. Call or email me @206 660 8799..thank you so much.

#9 ·
I tow and left the car at KC auto shop @ Portland. That Guy spend almost 5h on my car, he said its maybe the computer box problem. He try to connect direct to starter and won't start eventhough starter runing

#10 ·
So the car is cranking but won't start?

Check the e-box fuses...see if FP is priming...search 'crank no start' threads using advanced/title search.

Also, I'd google KC auto shop and see what feedback it has gotten. Although 5 hours might be a reasonable time not to find your problem, it doesn't sound that reasonable. Ask him to check all connections--grounds, starter cable, battery connections--though you shouldn't have to ask him to do that.

GL...hth a little...and a morning bump for you!

#11 ·
I went back to seattle last night . I have no idea what they do. First time they said my key has bad chip and they asking me for the 2nd key, because when they turn the key the car not cranking . And before I left they told me the ECU problem , they have to replace the new one ,because Its showing nothing on their computer when they plug in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.