E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#13,845 ·
How does your car stack up against that thing?
The results are surprisingly positive. From 60 it has me because of gearing, but at any other time...

Though at 6900 I'm hitting 10.7psi with an altitude density of 7000ft. I think I'll need to detune it a bit if I go to sea level or else risk engine damage.

Idle vac at my pressure is -16 which is -18/-19 at STP, so the engine is definitely healthy! The entire top end looks like this (90k miles):

BTW, RE050A's in the snow? Puckered anus.

#13,846 ·
The results are surprisingly positive. From 60 it has me because of gearing, but at any other time...

Though at 6900 I'm hitting 10.7psi with an altitude density of 7000ft. I think I'll need to detune it a bit if I go to sea level or else risk engine damage.

Idle vac at my pressure is -16 which is -18/-19 at STP, so the engine is definitely healthy! The entire top end looks like this (90k miles):[/URL]

BTW, RE050A's in the snow? Puckered anus.
So awesome. How's the trans fairing so far? If I recall, you posted about some shudder at high RPM?

#13,849 ·
So awesome. How's the trans fairing so far? If I recall, you posted about some shudder at high RPM?
It still occasionally shifts hard under .5-.7 throttle, but shows zero signs of slipping nor gear hunting. I still haven't gotten around to changing the trans fluid, and it's still running lean (though 1 quart torco/fill keeps the knock goblins away) but I have what I think I need to bump the fuel pressure. Might throw that in tomorrow when I put my A/S back on and change oil if there's time.

But there's also a broken window regulator (driver's window), a squeaking pulley (A/C idler probably, hopefully not one of the AA idlers, though their support has been fantastic so far), and I still don't have wheels of my own. I am using my friend's 193M summers because he loves seeing them on my car and I do too! But they're so insanely heavy. I think Sportlines are for me.

Here's some AA exhaust goodness. Major props to Viral for putting up with my friend and making sure things arrived on time. If I had one suggestion for the system though, it would be regarding the clamps. The clamps that came on the mufflers are super weak and strip easily. IMO all four clamps should be the incredibly beefy midpipe clamps. We also encountered the section 1 or 2 being about .5" too short, resulting in the pipe not covering the slip fit cuts at the section one-two junction. Luckily some clever fiberglass taping and clamping over the tape over the gapped areas then heat treatment cured it and ensured it should last for at least a couple years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbs0Mhhh51U

Not sure if there are any weld junkies here, but here are some shots of the system. I've been impressed with AA's stuff.

#13,860 ·