E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Friendly Tip!

2K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  ABOC 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I just wanted to tell everyone about a way to get some free or very cheap new floor mats for your bimmer. This will only work if your local stealerhsip does NOT do there own detailing. My local stealership contracts all of there detailing they do to make a car BMW Certifiend Pre Owned to a local detailing shop in town. In the process of doing this BMW tells the detail shop if they cant make the current floor mats 100% perfect than just throw them out and BMW will put some fresh brand new ones in. So incidentally the detail shop will have literally stacks of floor mats in there shop. All I did was call my stealership and ask them who they have there cars detailed by then I went over to the detail shop and picked out a practically brand new set of floor mats for FREE!!! The detail shop guy was just like ya take whatever you want. BMW always changes them out for brand new ones. Im telling you guys they had M3 mats, M5 mats, and everything in between. So if you dont feel like paying 100 + dollars for some new ones... try this! :hi:

#4 ·
Yes I got practically new mats for free!!!

Well I can tell you that it definitely is a policy when it comes to putting new mats in a trade in car to make it CPO. The question is just whether or not your stealership does the detailing themselves or whether they contract someone else to do it. About a year ago I had a really cool service advisor at a different dealer that took me back into the the service shop and gave me some good condition used mats in what she called the "floor mat graveyard" lol. They had stacks 10ft high of every sort of mat in all imaginable conditions. So BMW almost ALWAYS puts fresh mats in when making it CPO. If you can figure out if your dealer contracts the detailing to someone else like mine does than I am telling you, your in business!

#8 ·
Well I can tell you that it definitely is a policy when it comes to putting new mats in a trade in car to make it CPO.
I don't think it is a nationwide policy, unless it's pretty new. I bought my 325i as a CPO three years ago. The mats looked OK (they were shampooed) but the backs of the front mats were falling apart and the velcro that keeps them in place was gone. They were far from new mats, and even days later they told me I'd have to buy new mats at full price if I wanted to replace them.

#11 ·
Hey guys. I just wanted to tell everyone about a way to get some free or very cheap new floor mats for your bimmer. This will only work if your local stealerhsip does NOT do there own detailing. My local stealership contracts all of there detailing they do to make a car BMW Certifiend Pre Owned to a local detailing shop in town. In the process of doing this BMW tells the detail shop if they cant make the current floor mats 100% perfect than just throw them out and BMW will put some fresh brand new ones in. So incidentally the detail shop will have literally stacks of floor mats in there shop. All I did was call my stealership and ask them who they have there cars detailed by then I went over to the detail shop and picked out a practically brand new set of floor mats for FREE!!! The detail shop guy was just like ya
take whatever you want. BMW always changes them out for brand new ones. Im telling you guys they had M3 mats, M5 mats, and everything in between. So if you dont feel like paying 100 + dollars for some new ones... try this! :hi:
dude, u should start a business! get mats for free and sell us for cheap!

#14 ·
i wouldnt mind a new set of mats. only problem that hits me is i dont know if they even CPO E46's anymore! its a pretty cool tip actually; i was expecting something really shady.

I just cant help but think what you looked like crouched in the middle of all these mats... scavenging for the size/color of your car

#16 ·
Haha I'm sure I looked pretty ridiculous. I actually called the guy and was like listen I'll come over there and haul off all those mats you have for free. I even offered him 10 bucks per good set but he wasn't interested. I guess he likes his back room stacked full of mats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.