E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Kentucky Crew - 2011 Chat

49K views 398 replies 29 participants last post by  auto180sx 
#1 ·
Hey guys & gals,

We had a pretty good thread last year (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=743248), lets keep it going!

Welcome all 2011 members from KY, hopefully they find this thread.

Lets use this thread to chat, and help out other KY members when their E46 is down! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#174 ·
Just picked up tickets for the Ride&Drive.

FYI, you signup on the list (name only, no phone or email), and they give you 4 tickets. Apparently there will be 4 cars available to drive. I signed up as dkirby147 +1 and got 8 tickets :woot:

#177 ·
From a guy who was there last year:

I worked the one put on last year. We took an M3, M5, M6, Z4, 135, 335d, 550GT, and I think that is it. It was a good time. The M5 had to end up being brought back on a flat bed.
So a great lineup. No 328i BS.

#183 ·
I didn't test drive the one at Sam Swope, but I did test drive another one that was identical with less miles. It's an awesome car (especially compared to my e46), but it seems like it lacks feedback from the road. The steering and throttle feedback are kind of...loose/mushy?? Has anyone else driven one?

#188 ·
I had a 328 loaner for a day when my vert was in the shop. I thought it was unimpressive as well. The throttle was not responsive, but don't they have the same hp as a 330? The ride was soft too, but I have sport suspension so I didn't think much about that.

The interior was zero sum: Some improvements and some "what were they thinking?" moments. I'm holding onto the e46 for the foreseeable future.

don't know or care if I spelled foreseeable right

#184 ·
Hey checking in from Ft. Campbell, KY. Just bought a 2001 TiAg 330Ci when I got back from deployment a few weeks ago. I've seen a couple modded E46's around that HAVE to be on one of these forum's (ex: Blue M3 with M6 wheels & exhaust). Any meets coming up? Anyone from around here?

Here is a pic of the car if ya'll see it at some point:

#186 ·
Hey checking in from Ft. Campbell, KY. Just bought a 2001 TiAg 330Ci when I got back from deployment a few weeks ago. I've seen a couple modded E46's around that HAVE to be on one of these forum's (ex: Blue M3 with M6 wheels & exhaust). Any meets coming up? Anyone from around here?
I am!!! Welcome to the site & welcome back!!! I'm still stuck on deployment but I'll be renting a Bimmer during r & r in Germany...

I've seen that OB M3 around on & off post but I haven't seen him on this forum...

#185 ·
Nice looking E46 and welcome! :)

If you can make it to Louisville, there is a meet every second Saturday of the month. Check one of the earlier pages for details on location, time, etc.

#189 ·
I think it has a few more ponies. My co-worker just picked up an 07 328Xi and while it was nice and had some improvements over the E46, I didn't really care for it. Maybe the coupe would be better??

#191 ·
One of my co-workers test drove a 335 at Don Jacob's. He was very impressed with the suspension and response. Apparently he scared the crap out of the sales person during the test drive. :rofl:

For comparison, his current weekend toy is a 2001 Porsche Boxster, and his wife drives a 750Li.

As much as I hope there's an M3 at the ride&drive, I'm curious to try out a 335 as well.

#193 ·
Hey guys, do any of you know of a decent automotive position around Louisville?

What do you think would be better for long term growth? Sales, Mechanic, Service, etc?

#194 ·
I dont know of any positions around Louisville, but I worked at a Mercedes-Benz dealership in VA for 5 years and can say that service would probably be better for long term growth. I worked in service then moved to sales. Sales has a tendency to wear people out both physically (long hours) and mentally (bonehead buyers). With service you still have to sell repairs, but it's definitely easier, and you have set hours. That's just an opinion from my experience. Are you looking at luxury dealerships or mainstream?

#197 ·
Thanks fir the response. Definitely looking at Audi, BMW, etc type dealerships. I may start in sales either way just to get in the door and then move where I want to go. Im just so bored with my day job. I'm actually building savings up just in case a new job doesn't work out and I have room to find another.

I would love to work on BMWs and Porsches all day, but you need STEP or PTAP training and they are not in Kentucky :(

#199 ·
Anyone here going to the AutoX event this weekend @ Papa Johns??

#201 ·
No this is different. This is a KY SCCA event!

I need to swing by BMW and pick up tickets though. I may do that tomorrow.

#203 ·
I didn't make it out to the May 1 event due to rain and oversleeping lol, but there is another one May 22nd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.