E46 Fanatics Forum banner

OEM 189 Rims on 2001 E46 (Photos)

11K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Elvin123 
#1 ·
So the OEM Style 189 rims DO fit the 2001 E46 (325Ci). No spacers, no nothing, just "plug and play" as the say. These 189s came from a 2008 3 series car. The 325 had the original 17" rims (see pics). We left the staggered setup on (255/35 rears, 225/40 fronts).

Click on the pict for a bigger pict.

Orig rims :

Front orig, rear new 18" :

All changed new look. :)

See less See more
#5 ·
That is a funny story.

They showed up on eBay, here in the Miami area, won the bid, and it turns out the guy works on the building right across from where I work! So a visit to pick them up and some cash later, ta-da!! rims. And they came with like-new tires on (less than 1K miles) so cool. I had them balanced and put them on this weekend. I had read here in these great forums that they would fit, but you know, there is always some concern at least until you see them on. Well, the DO fit and look and feel great.

#13 ·
Yeah, the 17"s are going on sale. Unfortunately, most of them have some (sometimes severe) rash. Apparently the regular driver (not me) likes to use the braille system around curves. :) No, actually she tries to protect the doors from dings and the rims suffer for it.

Anyway, two of them have new tires on (Kuhmo) with under 100 miles. Two have older/bad tires. We actually have 5 rims. So if anybody is looking for that style let me know we can come to an arrangement. They are located in Miami but would ship at your cost. The rims are solid, just rashed. Not cracked or bent. These were daily drivers until yesterday. I have to look up the style to put a for sale add properly with pics.

I mentioned the clears today to her and she was kind of "yeah, interesting". She has LED tails but no clears. I am going to lookup the prices maybe for her B Day... ;-)

#15 ·
Looks Great!!!! Good to know. I'll have to keep my eye out for some other 2008 rims....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.