E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What should i do with my E46...???

3K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  zaharias 
#1 ·
Hello fanatics

Here is the story of my car
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963944

I was thinking of going F/I.. I like the ESS kit (i love that low down torque) but cost is a bit high (i think)..
I tried selling/trading the car for an M3 E46 but with the prices and car's value generally, with the economic crisis here in Greece.. everything is FFFFed up..
Also taxes and all the aditional costs the M3 has+that i could n't find a well maintained M3.. or a fair trade at a reasonable price.. made me forget the M3... for a while..

I receltly did an engine rebuild..
And iam thinking of going F/I if a kit occurs @ a reasonable price..

Iam planning to keep the car (after all this love and mods.. don't want to sell cheap).. even if i find an M3 E46 at a good price..

So my question is.. is it worth going F/I with the 330? OR buying an M3 in the future as a weekend toy?
(330 also is not a DD)

See less See more
#3 ·
Is the TS2 330 faster than the M3?

I don't race.. and of course it's not my goal to smoke M3s.. just asking..

I moding/upgrading my E46, for me ONLY..

I see that the TS2 has alot more torque than the M3 and similar hp..

Thanks for the reply mate! :)

#8 ·
5 and 6 speed are pretty much same gearing from what I understand. 6th gear is just overdrive and it is nice to keep revs down a bit in highway cruising.

But pulling power, should be the same. Only mention 6 speed cause that is what is in my car.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#9 ·
Thanks man.
Yes i know. They are the same.
No highway cruising here cause i live in island.. Usually 1 time every year i take it out of the island for trip.. iam ok with my gearbox and diff.. (i actually love my 3.38 diff)

I believe it will be very nice and quick with a SC kit producing around 300-330 hp..

#14 ·
The twin screw is a lot of fun with torque down low, but more tire shredding then usable I think (at least from my 2003 Mustang Cobra days hehe)...

Turbo is expensive but worth it.

-Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.