E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Don Nguyen - Vinyl Carbon Fiber Roof - Picture Thread

199K views 316 replies 105 participants last post by  JJR4884 
#1 ·
Starting and official thread for roofs that I have wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl.

If you guys have any specific questions about the material or installation, post here or shoot me a PM, and I can set you up with either one.

I'll start off with Paul's (thesethoughtsru) E46 M3:

I'll add more pictures as I get them. If you want any specific pictures/shots, just let me know.

Also stay tuned for new threads that I will be making of other vinyl work of that I have done for some local cars, D1/Formula D cars, and shop/track cars.

-Don

(*Note the screen name change from AirborneDEN to this ;))

See less See more
#120 ·
This material is very forgiving. Take your time, and you should be fine. I replied to your e-mail.

Don,

spray that wrinkle test piece with some clear coat and polish it, i'm curious to see how it would turn out
It'll just end up looking like cheap cf. I am fairly certain, after working with it for a while now, that it's not possible to clear/gel coat this, and make it have the same effect as real cf. Simple as that. For people who want the gloss cf look, you'll either just have to get the real deal, or wait to see if anything like that ever comes out in the next couple of years.

-Don

#129 ·
I've only done it with cars that have moonroofs (which are body colored, and not glass like sunroofs). It's always an option for those who are getting their roof's wrapped, however, as you can tell from the pictures, all of them opt to have me leave their sunroofs/glass unwrapped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.