E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 244 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2016, 01:42 PM   #701
330XiNamedBif

My Ride: 2005 330Xi 6-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post
Just a couple of things to point out.

1 There is a dedicated thread right on this page for the Eonon unit you bought and installed. You posted your post in the D5150 thread instead of the GA5150F thread. Post over on the correct thread and some of us with the GA5150's will be able to help you better.

2 You do NOT have to have a hotspot running to use GPS if you are using any one of many different GPS programs that are designed to run offline. I.E. Igo, Here, Google Maps, and some others. Just download the appropriate map to your unit and use the GPS in offline mode. Really works well.

Any other questions or concerns and I'll try to help...

My apologies for posting in the wrong thread. It seems I got a little hasty in my frustration. Can you please explain how I can run Google Maps without my hotspot active? I get an error message and cannot successfully input an address unless my hotspot is live. The tech from Eonon treated me like a real idiot when I told her I assumed it would work without hotspot. Maybe they've changed that function?
Old 04-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #702
dan4081

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330XiNamedBif View Post
My apologies for posting in the wrong thread. It seems I got a little hasty in my frustration. Can you please explain how I can run Google Maps without my hotspot active? I get an error message and cannot successfully input an address unless my hotspot is live. The tech from Eonon treated me like a real idiot when I told her I assumed it would work without hotspot. Maybe they've changed that function?
You have to have the maps for the area you are using downloaded to the unit before you can use it offline.
On my unit I am using HERE GPS (Free BTW) and I had to hook it up to a hotspot, download the program and maps, and then it can be used with out a hotspot just like a standalone GPS unit.

Google Maps works the same. Hook up to your hotspot, download the map for the State you are attempting to use it in and then set it for offline use.

BTW, heres the correct thread:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1079029
Page 26 has some offline GPS suggestions and instructions on how to set them up.

Last edited by dan4081; 04-27-2016 at 02:07 PM.
dan4081 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:09 PM   #703
330XiNamedBif

My Ride: 2005 330Xi 6-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4081 View Post
You have to have the maps for the area you are using downloaded to the unit before you can use it offline.
On my unit I am using HERE GPS (Free BTW) and I had to hook it up to a hotspot, download the program and maps, and then it can be used with out a hotspot just like a standalone GPS unit.

Google Maps works the same. Hook up to your hotspot, download the map for the State you are attempting to use it in and then set it for offline use.

BTW, heres the correct thread:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1079029
Page 26 has some offline GPS suggestions and instructions on how to set them up.
AWESOME Thanks!
Old 08-25-2016, 09:02 AM   #704
lgv10

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330ci
Eonon D5150vu resetting itself to factory

Hey guys,

I have been following your posts relating to the Eonon D5150 and I decided to purchase one for my 2004 BMW 330ci. I had to buy the extension for the trunk boot. I was able to install everything and it seemed like the radio was working fine. However, I noticed that every time I restart my car, it resets all of the settings I made to the radio. It erases all of my radio stations and other settings. Did I wire something wrong? Does the extension cable supply a continuous source of power to the unit or does some additional wiring need to be connected? There is a "blue illumination" wire that is attached to the extension cable. Do I need to connect that to keep the power source going to the radio?

I have been trying to get answers from Eonon but they are asking that I rip out the radio and send it back to them.

I can use some advice here guys.

Great forum by the way!

Thanks in advance!!!
lgv10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:30 AM   #705
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Hi lgv, no worry we will try our best to help you. You can just PM us your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, we will help you check what we can help you further, thanks!

Welcome to check our latest GA6150 BMW E46 Android Car GPS with 5.1 OS & new Subwoofer Volume Control feature, more intelligent than ever!

14 Rounds of Group Buy have been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 08-26-2016 at 02:31 AM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:26 AM   #706
maxmansson

My Ride: 1999 320i
Hi!

I have a slight problem regarding installing a backup camera. Everything is hooked up and working except that when I shift out of reverse the headunit doesn't go back to the regular screen and just turns black. Do i need to connect the orange cable from the unit to something in the car?
maxmansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:26 AM   #707
maxmansson

My Ride: 1999 320i
Hi!

I have a slight problem regarding installing a backup camera. Everything is hooked up and working except that when I shift out of reverse the headunit doesn't go back to the regular screen and just turns black. Do i need to connect the orange cable from the unit to something in the car?
maxmansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:34 AM   #708
cosworth89

My Ride: BMW 330ci coupe
Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong post but I'm a bit at a dead end, I've received my eonon d5166 but there is a cable that is cut from the canbus box to the main harness its the grey cable and I have no idea where it splices into the wiring harness I've actually got to hardwire the whole unit into the BMW wiring as there is no connector block on the eonon wiring harness its all been cut it will be going in to my e46 330 coupe with the business CD player so won't need the 5m extension harness,
cosworth89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:31 PM   #709
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth89 View Post
Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong post but I'm a bit at a dead end, I've received my eonon d5166 but there is a cable that is cut from the canbus box to the main harness its the grey cable and I have no idea where it splices into the wiring harness I've actually got to hardwire the whole unit into the BMW wiring as there is no connector block on the eonon wiring harness its all been cut it will be going in to my e46 330 coupe with the business CD player so won't need the 5m extension harness,
Hi cosworth89, no worry we will try our best to help you. Please kindly tell us your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, we will help you further, thanks!

Welcome to check our latest GA6150 BMW E46 Android Car GPS with 5.1 OS & new Subwoofer Volume Control feature, more intelligent than ever!

14 Rounds of Group Buy have been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup camera, bluetooth, business unit, navigation