E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-31-2015, 11:37 AM   #41
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Texas Police Officer Pulls Woman Over, Ends Up Saving Her Life With Heimlich Maneuver

"It's really amazing how quickly he recognized that something was wrong."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0c5f0322c63f6
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:17 PM   #42
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

New Orleans Officer Dies Days After Being Hit

NEWS ON JUL 19, 2015

A New Orleans police officer died Friday night after nearly a week in a coma.

Officer Vernell Brown was investigating a vehicle fire on the Pontchartrain Expressway near the Superdome on July 19 when he was struck by a car after stepping out of his patrol vehicle, according to WDSU-TV.

Brown was transported to University Hospital where he was pronounced dead five days later.

"It's (with) a very heavy heart and sad heart that I come to you this morning," New Orleans Police Department Superintendent Michael Harrison said Saturday morning. "Last night at round 8 p.m., Officer Vernell Brown passed away at University Hospital. We all remember his tragic accident last Sunday."

Harrison said Brown was one of the best fatality reconstruction investigators the NOPD has ever had.

"While it's hurting and while we're grieving, it's pulling us closer together," Harrison said. "We're seeing ourselves become more resilient. I'm very proud of Vernell, proud of the work he did. He will never be forgotten. He will be remembered forever."

The officer was described by his family and friends as humble, soft spoken, confident, competent, warm and loving.

He leaves behind a grieving family and a fiancee

Funeral arrangements are pending.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:03 PM   #43
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: ///GT3 RSR
Doesn't sound like a very good cop if he stepped out of a car on to a highway.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-31-2015, 03:40 PM   #44
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakfastBurrito View Post
Doesn't sound like a very good cop if he stepped out of a car on to a highway.

Not funny! CHP and other highway officers step out onto highways all day/night long (...let's not be pedantic about the wording). Motorists just don't pay attention and hit officers on the median.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 07-31-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:15 PM   #45
BreakfastBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Not funny! CHP and other highway officers step out onto highways all day/night long (...let's not be pedantic about the wording). Motorists just don't pay attention and hit officers on the median.
Wasn't trying to be funny. If you're placing yourself in that kind of danger then make sure you've taken every safety precaution possible. I've stepped out of a car on the shoulder and waited 10 to 15 mins until I didn't see a car before I stepped in my car.

You placed this in the good cop thread. I quickly browsed it, what did he do besides doing his job and having an unfortunate accident?

Last edited by BreakfastBurrito; 07-31-2015 at 04:15 PM.
BreakfastBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:27 PM   #46
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
You placed this in the good cop thread. I quickly browsed it, what did he do besides doing his job and having an unfortunate accident?

As I mentioned in my initial post, this thread is a place for EOW articles too. You're not the first to overlook that though.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:30 PM   #47
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Wasn't trying to be funny. If you're placing yourself in that kind of danger then make sure you've taken every safety precaution possible.
Precautions are taken as best they can be, but it takes mere seconds for a motorist who isn't paying attention to cause a tragedy.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:37 PM   #48
BreakfastBurrito

Quote:
Good afternoon, sir. Go ahead and roll your window all the way down for me. My name is Officer Daniel McEwen from the Greene County Police Department. Now, do you know why Iím pulling you over today, being overly aggressive, and charging you with a felony count of assaulting a police officer?

Iím going to need to see your driverís license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance. Thank you, sir. Now, just sit tight in your car while I take a look here and grow increasingly hostile. Iím just going to start addressing you in an unmistakably threatening tone that is specifically meant to intimidate and provoke, and then drastically escalate the situation so that it quickly gets out of hand.

Are you aware of the speed limit on this road, sir? Itís 35. I had you clocked at 52 miles per hour, which is why I had to stop you and exhibit a nakedly confrontational, antagonistic, and condescending attitude, practically daring you to challenge my authority in any way whatsoever. You canít be driving that fast around here, so Iím going to have to write you a ticket and then violently place you under arrest the moment you do or say anything that isnít in complete and utter complianceóor which could even be remotely construed as noncompliantówith every single instruction I give to you.

Do you understand all that, sir?

If you have any questions about this ticket, Iíd be happy to wildly overreact to anything you say that shows the slightest hint of resentment, annoyance, or resistance. Really, while you have me here, I can easily interpret any snide remark or frustrated comment as a potential threat to my safetyóeven so much as an angry lookóand respond in a disproportionately combative way by erupting in unwarranted rage, taking out either my 50,000-volt Taser or my handgun, and pointing it directly at you through the driverís side window.

Now, I have to head back to my patrol car real quick, so please bear with me here for a few minutes. Then you can be on your way to jail in no time as soon as I come back and forcibly remove you from your vehicle, slam you into the asphalt, cuff you, and jam my knee into your back as I radio in that I need backup right away because youíre resisting arrestóall the while both outright ignoring your vocalized concerns for your safety and directing my own petty, barbed insults at you. Just so weíre on the same page here, youíll be getting three points on your license for speeding and also assault charges that carry a minimum sentence of one year in prison, but youíll be assumed guilty of both while I automatically receive the benefit of the doubt despite any and all evidence to the contrary.

You know what, why donít you step out of the car, sir? And put that goddamn cell phone away.
http://www.theonion.com/r/50916

Old 08-02-2015, 11:11 AM   #49
Darkside213

My Ride: Daily Charger, 01 M3
Good thread
Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #50
HBizzo88

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330ci
This officer showed some great restraint. Biotch would've been choked out if it were me.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #51
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBizzo88 View Post
This officer showed some great restraint. Biotch would've been choked out if it were me.

these are the people officers need to shoot more.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:02 PM   #52
BreakfastBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside213 View Post
Good thread
Why these two pinned threads serve no purpose except for self validation.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:17 PM   #53
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

The Official "Good Cop" thread.

Quote:

No! First of all, it was the suggestion of a forum member (....all credit to ghorn) to create two threads to consolidate law enforcement topics so that they don't clutter the forum. The suggestion made complete sense. There are probably enough law enforcement related threads to warrant its own sub-forum. Secondly, what would be self-validating about it? None of the subject matter has anything to do with me. I personally only know a handful of people on this forum, so what the rest of you anonymous members think is of no real significance to me offline, and whatever validation that I do receive doesn't originate here on the forum.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 08-02-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:05 AM   #54
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:

Quote:
No! First of all, it was the suggestion of a forum member (....all credit to ghorn) to create two threads to consolidate law enforcement topics so that they don't clutter the forum. The suggestion made complete sense. There are probably enough law enforcement related threads to warrant its own sub-forum. Secondly, what would be self-validating about it? None of the subject matter has anything to do with me. I personally only know a handful of people on this forum, so what the rest of you anonymous members think is of no real significance to me offline, and whatever validation that I do receive doesn't originate here on the forum.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #55
boostedisbetter

My Ride: NiNe tHoUsAnD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBizzo88 View Post

I couldn't even get through 2 minutes with that b*tch's awful whore mouth fvcking voice. Someone needs to punch her in the ovaries
Old 08-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #56
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2007 Ford Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
A cop beats his wife and then murders a Good Samaritan in cold blood that came to protect her... Then he covers up the crime and lies in federal court

This is a good cop in your opinion? Lmao
Depends on how much time he spends in the squat rack.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese
BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:41 AM   #57
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
A cop beats his wife and then murders a Good Samaritan in cold blood that came to protect her... Then he covers up the crime and lies in federal court

This is a good cop in your opinion? Lmao
No, actually I posted it in the wrong thread in my flurry of "good cop" posts. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
Depends on how much time he spends in the squat rack.

These days I'm on a Power Snatch kick.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 08-03-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #58
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Memphis police officer killed; suspect identified...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/02/us/mem...-traffic-stop/

Where's the uproar? Where's the picketing and the rioting? Where are all of the racial epithets? #policelivesmatter

"We say so often ... do black lives matter? And at the end of the day, we have to ask ourselves, do all lives matter -- regardless of race, creed, color, economic status, what profession that person holds? All lives matter," Armstrong said.

"This is just a reminder of how dangerous this job is
."

Last edited by M3Inline6; 08-03-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #59
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Memphis police officer killed; suspect identified...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/02/us/mem...-traffic-stop/

Where's the uproar? Where's the picketing and the rioting? Where are all of the racial epithets? #policelivesmatter

"We say so often ... do black lives matter? And at the end of the day, we have to ask ourselves, do all lives matter -- regardless of race, creed, color, economic status, what profession that person holds? All lives matter," Armstrong said.

"This is just a reminder of how dangerous this job is
."
a lion was killed a week ago.....show some respect god dammit.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #60
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
a lion was killed a week ago.....show some respect god dammit.
Reports confirm that Cecil's brother Jericho is still alive and well..............at the moment. #lionslivesmatter

Last edited by M3Inline6; 08-03-2015 at 10:54 AM.