E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars - Private

Complete Cars - Private
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #1
GPAHM3

My Ride: E46 M3's
2002 E46 M3 Slicktop SMG

I just saved a Slicktop from heading to the scrap yard. It was bought by a dealer in Brooklyn NY that was unfamiliar with the cars. The SMG pump was starting to fail, and he figured it would need a trans. He gave up on the car, not wanting to invest any money into it. I heard about it thru the grapevine, and bought it off him. I brought it right over to Rogue Engineering in Saddle River NJ to resolve the issue. One SMG rebuild later, and shes right as rain.

The car is a Silver on Dove grey Slicktop coupe SMG with 139kmi. It had the subframe reinforcement done, including the internal supports accessed through the trunk at some point. It has European catted headers and a Dinan Exhaust. Rogue checked over the car, and their opinion is that it is a pretty honest, solid car. It had some paintwork in its history on the rt rear wheel well towards the front, but it has a clean carfax.

It had a roll bar bolted into it at some point, but it didn't seem to affect the seat leather or bolsters, and has since been removed. There's a bit of wear on the center armrest, as well as the drivers side door armrest. Other than that, the interior is very clean and tidy. The engine bay is very clean and free of that detailers grease crap. Brakes and tires are healthy, and will easily pass an inspection.

I love these cars, and I bought this one simply to save it. I wasn't given any service records, and was furnished with only one key(held together with electrical tape). I will not be able to answer detailed service questions about the car, as we do not know it's history beyond what we could see from the car itself. The Vanos system is quiet, temperatures are spot on, oil was clean and clear, and the trans now shifts normally. The title is clear and ready to go.

As I said, I bought this car to save it. I got a pretty good deal when I bought it and Rogue was fair with their repair costs, so I am extending the savings to the next owner. First serious buyer with $10,000 takes it! That is my best price, so all you internet dreamers save your breath. The car is at my garage in Albany NY, but it's in my enclosed trailer, and can be delivered to certain areas if agreed upon, and for a small transport fee.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0291.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	647908   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	647909   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	647910   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0292.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	647911  

Name:	IMG_0294.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	647912   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0365.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	647913   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	648525   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	648526  

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	648527  

Last edited by GPAHM3; 01-09-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Reword
GPAHM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:44 PM   #2
04yfz

My Ride: A car
Wish you listed this before the smg fix, would have loved to pick this up for a bit less so I could swap it to a true manual and DD it.. GLWS

Last edited by 04yfz; 12-29-2016 at 09:45 PM.
04yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:50 AM   #3
GPAHM3

I can't seem to find a definitive count for slicktops produced. It would be nice to know for this car.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #4
GPAHM3

Bump with a couple more pics.

Tags
slicktop m3 bmw e46