There it is, the build has started... :evil:

I will use ethanol instead of racefuel.

I have received these today ....

a

See less See more
#113 ·
Here's an update....

HPF Track M3 Update

We asked our shop to do the impossible and get both M3's built and ready for MFest in 3 weeks so they had no time to lay out the electronics in an easily serviceable format until now. We will now mirror the aluminum plating and electronics on the Drag M3.

The Halon Fire suppression system will protect the car and the driver and it's now installed in the HPF Track M3 :) If you ever have a fire the last thing you want is to worry about the car burning to the ground. This lets you take care of yourself.!! :)

This will be the first time we are running the Radium surge tank. It's a very ingenious device designed and built by JP (he engineered many of the HPF turbo kit parts). He started a new company call Radium and these surge tanks are going into Lotus' vehicles like hot cakes. If you are experiencing fuel starvation on hard turns or braking or simply when you get low on fuel, contact us directly or order them off our site at http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/Radium_Engineering/Fuel/Fuel_Surge_Tank_Systems//19744

Z4M Turbo Kit - Production Completed

We had the Z4M turbo kit taken apart so we could have all the parts mass produced. The car is now put back together with the production components so we can dial in the tune. We are just waiting on one bracket to be cut which will be done by tomorrow and we can start making some dyno pulls on that bad boy.

Chris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSzwnHk9trg

#122 ·
I just took the Z4M for a spin. It drove fantastic. Sorry about the sound quality. I left the closed cover on the Go Pro so it's hard to hear any of my commentary or the sound of the car. The car is extremely quiet. With a factory exhaust there will be no way to know this car is not stock (except for the MASSIVE POWERBAND!). We will be dyoing Alex's Z4M later this week so stay tuned!!

Chris.

http://youtu.be/XMVbmICJTzk

#135 ·
on oem ecu I currently have

1- crankshaft position sensor electric
2- exhaust vanos 1 control
3- exhaust vanos variable cam control test
4- exhaust vanos control 2
5- ignition voltage supply
6- brake booster, electric ATIC39

On Pro-efi

1- "camEdges fault" ,
2- "increasingFaultCounts" and
3- cam/crank sync faults number is increasing continously.

Any comments?

#136 ·
John removed the last o2 code, was driving the Z4M and making dyno pulls however the car would cut the throttle on each pull. He found a possible glitch in the harness or wiring. It appears the DSC is not receiving the proper signal so John and Jason are going to work on the pin-out today to determine how to quickly resolve the issue.

Chris.

#145 ·
John and ProEFI made progress but there was potentially a wiring issue with the connection between the DSC and the computer In the ProEFI harness. We put the car back to stock and it is fine, plug in the ProEFI and we get DSC errors. While waiting on that, John has been replacing the 3 failed Walbro's in Ben's M3 which has sucked up a lot of his time. Hopefully ProEFI has a solution and we can get back on the Z4M shortly.

Chris.

#156 ·
BTW,,, before you ever wire up a CAN bus connection go read the CAN bus specification and make sure ALL the communications wires are the correct type, CAN is a serial bus that requires all wiring to be inside a range of specifications. Use the wrong wire and Joe Mayhem can show up... I troubleshoot CAN a lot just not on cars... :)

Dave

#161 ·
It is really hard to wait after all that passion all those money and the car is in your garage and you cannot use it.

I guess neither Jason or HPF cares that much ...

I still have hope but i believe i will go to a different route in short period of time...

Lets wait and see...

#167 ·
Basar was going to buy a bunch of different components to assemble his own turbo setup because I wouldn't sell him a "Turbo Kit" until the car was running and it was a Plug 'n' Play Kit. At that point I offered to give him a hard parts kit in return with instructions on our E46 M3 Kit to make his life easier so he wouldn't have to fabricate so many components. He thought it was a good idea and I told him when we got the our Z4M running we would provide a Base MAP which we have yet been able to because of issues Pro EFI is still working out. Lutz also has a Z4M and im sure is dealing with the same things if they are even to the point we have been for the last 6-9 months.

Maybe Marcus or Trevor can comment on that?

If we get an Infinity before this is all figured out I have a really good feeling it will be going on this car so we have control of the situation but only time will tell. Chris and John are down at AEM right now getting Infinity training so its not a myth LOL. Hopefully well have some release dates soon :excited::excited::excited:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.