E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Stupidest Thing You have done to ur car and regreted it? :P

54K views 452 replies 202 participants last post by  E46330iguy 
#1 ·
Conditioned my cars seats once a week then figured out theyre not leather :p:cry::excited::bawling::banghead::tsk:

#183 ·
Changing my windshield wipers one day and the arm slipped out of my hand..........slammed into the windshield and spider webbed the hell out of it. $250 deductible to get it fixed.

#187 ·
stripped the last bolt to undo the pressure plate in my clutch install :censor:, now i have to drill it out. Good news the bolts from bmw were only .90!!! i was expecting like $15 apiece,the cheapest thing i think they sell haha

#195 ·
went 100 on a 35 a couple times. very stupid idea. didn't get caught, but it just isn't worth it. highways are more fun :4ngie:

#204 ·
I swear to god if BMWClubOfQuebec posts some idiotic nonsensical text one more time!!! You are the reason that people don't like the younger owners on this forum. Which is incredible because you actually aren't even an owner nor a driver!

JonJon!!! Where are you?

#209 ·
my biggest regret... after my old 323i died I bought a 4x4 truck. It just didn't handle the same.:rofl:

my next biggest regret hasn't happened yet but I will be spending my entire pay check on modding and will have no money to do anything for 2 weeks. conveniently the next pay check comes the day my car payment is due. :)

By the way I bought my old e46 2 weeks before I turned 16 with my own money and a $2000 dollar loan from a family member which I made bi-weekly payments on and worked my self to death to be able to pay them. It was all worth it though.:thumbsup:

#213 ·
Not knowing anything about body shops, trusting the first one who i thought could do a good job, and having them paint/install my ac schnitzer 3 piece... not only did the paint job come out wavy as all hell but they also epoxied it on there.... had this not been the case, i would have been rocking the csl trunk the last two years... as it stands, to swap to a csl trunk would cost 1k for the trunk (from vorsteiner), and another k to paint the trunk, install the trunk, and repaint the rear quarters which would have to be blended after ripping off the edges of the acs :banghead:

#215 ·
Ok, I my worst DIY ever is puttin on the new P46's i got. One of the light is not seated properly on its base so there is a little gap between the headlight trim and the bumper. I tried fixing it but lost the wrench in the process. Now every time I look at the headlight and see the gap, I feel so pissed :(

#216 ·
Buying some used MVR Reps. They look great, but I should've used the money on suspension and then waited until I could afford a nice set of light wheels. The reps are so heavy it feels like a different car.

Or when I bought the brushed aluminum shift knob and e-brake handle. Owned them for almost a year now but have to sell them. Waste of $120

#218 · (Edited)
I have a pretty good one. I went out with a friend in from Iraq (he hasnt drove a car in almost 2 yrs) well after a night on the town, and myself left wasted. He says he is fine to drive. I tried to just take a taxi, the smart thing to do, but still, he said he was fine to drive and that would save me $50. So, its around 10 degrees outside, 3:00 AM. We are cruising along the interstate on our way home, and one of his army buddies pull up next to us reving his engine, well my buddy stomps on the gas and starts racing him. We pull ahead and then go into an enterence ramp to another interstate we needed to get on. Well, he is still going about 95 mph, and we lose control and start slidding sideways and my passanger side goes off the road just before he gains control of the car again. At that point my car wobbling and we pull off. Damage: both right tires are ripped to shreds, rear rim cracked in half (19" m6 rep wheels with the light gray inserts, and yes they dont make them anymore) front Hamann bumper lip ripped off, passanger side lower outer ball joint ripped out of the socket. Better news is that he has no money to help with the repairs. So, so far I have replaced both lower control arms, busings, and ball joints. Got another bumper lip and had it painted and installed, 1 new front tire. I still havent gotten a new rear rim, that's the sadiest part. I found a company that will sell my one rear 9.5" wide rear but they just sell them in the charcoal gray now, so I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to buy one of those and have it painted or powder coated to match my other wheels. Then I need to still get an alingment. Total costs of repairs once I am all done, probably around $1,500. Lesson learned. Don't drive drunk, don't let friends drive your car, and a $50 cab ride is always cheaper than fixing your car, oh and a DUI.

#221 ·
Bought my 99 323i a few months before I got my license. 3 weeks AFTER I got my license I crashed it into a parked van trying to play "drift". A few months later I bought the worst lemon POS '89 525i. Then I got a fat bonus and bought my 02 325i. 3 BMWs before age 17! Woot.

#225 ·
the stupidest thing I've done by FAR is when I forgot my keys in the trunk while the car was locked, and my friend closed the trunk... the windows were a bit open (1'') so i managed to open the door with a stick.. we tried disassemble the rear seat to get to the trunk but we had no luck... the only solution was to cut the metal and bend it behind the rear handrest .. now my car got a hole in the backseat :bawling: but the leather covers it up, but its still visible from the outside when you open up the trunk :bawling: now I got a spare key to avoid this if it happens again.. hope this never happens to anyone :tsk:
(btw yes my friend is still alive i spared his life :str8pimpi ) :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.