E46 Fanatics Forum banner

The next step of my Technique Tuning turbo setup.

8K views 57 replies 10 participants last post by  zx5rider 
#1 ·
Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Car

Well I've been at this fit a long time now but I just recently got by own garage. ...

Anyways all I'm waiting on now is money for the clutch.

So I'm shooting for 450whp, I'm not sure if it's possible..... tell me what you guys think.

This is what I have compared to the TT stage 2

14.5 psi /13psi
.82ar exhaust/.63ar
ZHP cams/oem

I'm not sure if that's worth 75 hp/tq but I hope it's close.

Anything I should change, add, or do differently while it's still out?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

See less See more
#2 ·
What exhaust are you running? We are fairly close and could help you with your goals.

#11 ·
did Nick tune your DME for the extra boost and new cams or are you just running a base stage 2 tune?

perhaps Nick or even PEI can answer, are there any potential dangers in running a base tune that was made for less boost and different cams or is it a small enough change that the car can safely adapt?

#12 · (Edited)
DME can Adv or Retard so much Timing and can Adj -/+ the whole fuel map on the ms45. The DME can only do so much. It is best not to drive it until Dyno Tune is done or Street Tune with Datalogging all the important parameters..

#22 ·
I will second the dmh cutouts for speed and functionality.

#28 ·
New factory M3 clutch/pressure plate. I'm only using the pressure plate.

So I feel like an idiot fit asking but.....
I've recently learned that the pressure plate is what decides most of your holding power. So what I want to know is what is the point of the different clutches? What do they change?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

Attachments

#40 ·
Check your plug gaps, get some fresh 93 octane fuel, and swap cyl 6 coil with another cylinder. What do you have them gapped to now?

#48 ·
I'd highly recommend a smoke/pressure test to ensure a leak-free system. We put these cars together every day and we still pressure test them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.