E46 Fanatics Forum banner

The next step of my Technique Tuning turbo setup.

8K views 57 replies 10 participants last post by  zx5rider 
#1 ·
Engine Auto part Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Car

Well I've been at this fit a long time now but I just recently got by own garage. ...

Anyways all I'm waiting on now is money for the clutch.

So I'm shooting for 450whp, I'm not sure if it's possible..... tell me what you guys think.

This is what I have compared to the TT stage 2

14.5 psi /13psi
.82ar exhaust/.63ar
ZHP cams/oem

I'm not sure if that's worth 75 hp/tq but I hope it's close.

Anything I should change, add, or do differently while it's still out?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Bimmer App

See less See more
#55 · (Edited)
I honestly don't know.

There are 2 water temp sensors on the M54: Cylinder head, and coolant outlet at the radiator. The one on the cylinder head is used to run the EMS adaptations, and also the thermostat switching. The one at the radiator runs the fan.....I've only ever seen temps from the cylinder head sensor....and I'm not sure if most monitoring software even looks at the radiator temp sensor.

Edit: Here's what I was able to monitor in 2009...looks like I was watching both. Note the temp range available as well:

One good piece of info is that the radiator fan is controlled by a solid state relay that is mounted onto the fan assembly. (Thats the black blow a the top) This means you can use a low level switching signal to control the fan if you want externally.

#58 · (Edited)
Well its done with the exception of the Power steering. Right now I am using the M3 Pressure plate with the stock clutch and it seems to be holding fine(car hasn't seen full boot though). I have a new clutchnet Kevlar clutch but I won't put it in unless I need to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.