E46 Fanatics Forum banner

RE UDP problem. Help!!

675 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  bbh03 
#1 · (Edited)
RE UDP problem. Please please Help!!

Hi,

I‘ve just recently installed my RE UDP. However, a fellow E46fanatics board member had just informed me that his RE UDP is not the correct one. I check my RE power steering pulley and found out they also sent me the wrong part :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: . The RE power steering pulley is replacement for M3 pulley (#32-42-7-830-838). The correct part for my car should be (# 32-42-1-740-858).

The fellow board member told me the difference in pulley is 2mm offset. However, my car does seem to run without problem. Should I uninstall it or leave it? What could happen if I leave it ? What should I do?

Please give me some technical advice.
:thanks:
TIA

#2 ·
How does the steering feel at varying speeds? Is it difficult to park, or too sensitive at highway speeds? Otherwise, the only issue I see is the power steering pump not being able to keep up with engine RPMs as you reach redline. However, if you don't feel a difference...do what makes you feel safe about it.

#4 ·
i don't feel the steering effort being different.

I am just afraid it might cause the belt to break or pulley to fall off in the long run. Can this happen?

RE probably has the correct part, but it cost money to pay someone to uninstall, and ship back the wrong part, then, i have to pay someone to install the correct part again. See, them making a small mistake cost me $$$$$. :thumbdwn:

#7 ·
I just talked to Ben from RE. He's like "People have been running the M3 pulley on non-M without problem and its only 2mm difference. He can't guarantee it will not cause problem in the future. But if I want, he will sent me the correct one". He didn't even mention how he is going to make up for my needless uninstallation/re-installation expense or shipping fee for sending the wrong part back. :thumbdwn: ... I am really disappointed in RE...

So, what should I do? any BMW mechanic please help.

#8 ·
kwang125 said:
I just talked to Ben from RE. He's like "People have been running the M3 pulley on non-M without problem and its only 2mm difference. He can't guarantee it will not cause problem in the future. But if I want, he will sent me the correct one". He didn't even mention how he is going to make up for my needless uninstallation/re-installation expense or shipping fee for sending the wrong part back. :thumbdwn: ... I am really disappointed in RE...

So, what should I do? any BMW mechanic please help.
Replace it yourself - it is very easy.

#10 ·
kwang125 said:
you guys must think i am just being an *******. maybe i am . but i am very frustrated with RE because I order the UDP since mid Apr. Didn't receive it until May 31. And it turned out to be the wrong part...
I dont think that at all. You do have a right to be a frustrated that you received the wrong part after waiting so long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.