E46 Fanatics Forum banner

adding subwoofer

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  gaby1088 
#1 ·
hi, if i want to add a subwoofer to the existing HK system how would i go about doing that. I searched and couldnt find a straight answer. How can i add a second subwoofer, (8inches) to my existing HK system? please help!
thanks

#6 ·
depends on how you like your music and what genre you listen to. every one likes there coffee different just like every one likes their bass differently. I'v got a fi audio q which dose 1000 wrms and i usually run it at 400 wrms when i listen to rock and then turn it up when i play techno or hip hop for stronger bass lines. I always like to have enough power to run the sub at its full rms rating so that i can run it as hard or as easy as i need to. but in the end its up to you:nyah:

#8 ·
I wouldn't recommend tapping onto the crossed-over signal going to the HK subs, when you can just as easily get a clean full range signal going from you head-unit to your OEM amplifier. Here's are D210.e46 Subwoofer System Install Guide, you can use this guide for any subwoofer system install, just apply the directions to your setup.

I hope this helps and feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

#10 ·
You can still keep the HK subs and add your own aftermarket sub system by following the install guide I linked to. You're just tapping onto the audio system signals and not terminating them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.