E46 Fanatics Forum banner

WTF just found out my passenger sideview mirror doesn't tilt in reverse

3K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  carcus 
#1 ·
I have a 328ci with premium package...aren't I suppose to have that function??

#9 ·
mine is 2000 323ci with round OBD computer port, I guess that makes it older e46. I have sports +premium and my mirror dips on reverse. Only problem is after doing it 3-4 times it points slightly higher than it was set for. I have to hit Memory button to put it in to original position

#16 ·
ILLCOMM said:
its an absolute necessity in my opinion. is SIGNIFICANTLY helps curb (pun intended!) the risk of scratching the wheels when parking. anyone who has rims they care about knows how much of a burden parking carefully is ... you screw up one time and ... ouch ...
It really helps, especially when you have small mirrors (i.e..M3 mirrors). It's a great benefit when parallel parking. I turn it on usually when I'm parallel parking.

#21 ·
I have a 2004 330ci, and SOMETIMES, the mirror wouldn't tilt. I can't even ADJUST the passenger side mirror, but it only happens sometimes. It annoys me sometimes, and it happened the very first day I got my car. I drove back to the dealership and asked to have it fixed. They fixed it, but they weren't sure that the problem would be fixed completely. They're right, it still happens now, so I'm gonna bring my car in for the service tomorrow! DAMN!

#22 ·
When my M3 was delivered to me 6 months ago the tilt function did not work.

I took it to the dealer and they had to activate it via the onboard computer...

Now when my mirror selector is to the left... it tilts when in reverse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.