E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Akebono Euro vs stoptech street pads vs ?

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  I8UrCat 
#1 ·
I wanted Axxis Deluxe Advanced, but they cannot be had anymore. So, I'm looking for a pad that will have decreased dust, but still have excellent braking, even when cold. This car does a lot of around town driving at regular speeds with my wife and kids. When I drive it, I stretch its legs. I don't need a track pad, but I simply don't have the time to keep up with the OEM Dust on ZHP wheels.
How about the Akebono Euro or the stoptech street pads?

#3 ·
I installed the Akebono on my car and extremely happy with them. They stop great, no squeak and no brake dust. Can't believe how long my wheels stay clean besides the road dust they pick up. Got them from Rockauto.com and if I remember correctly I believe I got got them for around $50 a pair.

#4 ·
I am using the Akebono pads also, with BMW performance rotors. I love the quite ness but they seem to take a extra split second to grab compared to other pads. Im use to it now though. Ill continue to buy them

#5 ·
I put some Akebono pads on about a month ago to replace my factory Textars, and have had ~1000km to break them in. Initial bite is strong like the Textars when cold or warm, and light application is easily controllable like the Textars. I had become used to the Textar pads not grabbing strongly on hard application (even from 30mph), but these Akebonos just keep grabbing and my stopping distance has dropped significantly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.