E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Need your opinion

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nawewawe 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a M3 vert and looking to add some new rims to my car. Im interested in purchasing a set of VMR v718 with a drop. My wheel specs i chose are R-19x9.5 F-19x8.5, since thats the biggest size these wheels are made, would have loved 19x10 in the back and 19x9.5 fronts any how, im really confused about the offsets. I tried to research it but, im still confused. This is where u guys come in. Basically i want my tires to sit flush at the fender with my fenders rolled of course with a clean drop. what would be the max offset that the wheel stick out without any rub?

#2 ·
You need to provide the offsets. The offsets will determine how far inboard/outboard the face of the wheel will sit relative to the fender. Honestly, there's no one perfect combination. You should search intensively and you'll find the information you require.

If you already have the wheels on the car and are looking for spacers, then you need to measure the gap between the wheel and the fender and that will tell you what spacers to get (assuming you live some room left over too).

#5 ·
That's a difficult question to answer cause:
- Rolling fenders isn't an exact science, you could roll them mildly, or you could even push them out.
- You could as some people do here, run wide wheels with stretched tires. It gives you that "flush" look, yet only if you ignore the tires are stretched to hell.
- What's a "clean drop"?

Contact a vendor, you're probably going to have to pay extra for custom offsets, which then you may rethink your choice.

#6 ·
sounds good. i dont live to far from mob bargains also i can save money on shipment. so ill just roll up there and check them out. One more question how much does stock premium 19 inch rims weigh at comparing to some vmr v718

#7 ·
I Basically want my car to look and sit like this car but with v718 instead of vb3. PS I have a hardtop aswell. here are his specs:

VMR VB3
19x9.5 +22 235.35.19 60%
19x10 +25 245.35.19 brand new

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.