E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Rotor and pad suggestions

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kubica 
#1 ·
Man I'm confused and frustrated! My car seems to enjoy warping rotors. Dealership replaced them twice and after my warranty ran out, I bought another set and now those are warped. Can anyone recommed a good quality set of rotors and break pads?

I don't run autox or race. I own a 2003 530i sport.

#3 ·
We to make shopping and purchasing brakes for your vehicle simple and affordable with our 'RPS' kits.(Rotors Pads and Sensors)

Our RPS kit includes everything you'll need to do the job at home on a Saturday afternoon. The RPS kit is a perfect brake replacement kit for your E46!

Includes the following Parts:
* Front Brake Rotors
* Brake Pads
* Brake Wear Sensor

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

#5 ·
There are tons of Brands.

Meyle, Zimmerman, Centric, Stoptech, Powerslot, and Brembo for Rotors

Performance Friction Z-Rated pads, Stoptech Street Performance pads, Hawks HPS and etc. for Pads.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes

#7 ·
If you are warping multiple set of OEM rotors, the rotors are not the issue! Something else is causing them to warp. Personally, I have never seen a warped rotor. Are the caliper pistons sticking, slides sticking? Do you put the car away with wet brakes? Do you ride the brakes?

#9 ·
I don't think performance friction makes pads for the 530, otherwise I would have put them on my dad's 2003 530i. I'm a huge fan.

I used Brembo rotors with Pagid oem type pads on the 530i.

And I have warped a few rotors in my day by driving through puddles with very hot brakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.