E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#13,781 ·
Naw, my door handles are silver. Kinda a tribute to my old e46, and partly because I'm too lazy to paint them.

Im curious to the reception of frosted trim, I'd rather not get flamed afterward. Rofl
You should paint your door handles man, it really looks off.

Also, frosted trim sounds to be a bad idea. You know how much cleaning you will need to do if you want to keep it in top condition? If the whole car was colored in frost white or something, it would look better but on our metallic color cars, it will just look silly. Just my opinion though :hi:

#13,792 ·
Drove in the fog too... but not drifting...

You have rear fog lamps in Mexico? Was that a standard thing or did you retrofit it?

#13,795 ·
Had mine scanned by another Fanatic because of gauges crashing on me last week. Found a fault logged in the DSC module but it was only a timeout fault because of a communication failure with CAN. There was no indication of what caused the fault with CAN. Interestingly enough the CAN didn't log any errors...presumably because it was in the process of recovering itself.

#13,796 ·
Had mine scanned by another Fanatic because of gauges crashing on me last week. Found a fault logged in the DSC module but it was only a timeout fault because of a communication failure with CAN. There was no indication of what caused the fault with CAN. Interestingly enough the CAN didn't log any errors...presumably because it was in the process of recovering itself.
Mine did this when I was cruising at 120mph. Freaked me out!

I pulled over, pulled the cluster out on the side of the road, unplugged it and replugged it back in, and it reset.

Luck...