E46 Fanatics Forum banner
5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Toxic0n 
#1 ·
Hi, I have seen may threads about installing a carputer and it is something I have managed to do over the summer, however i haven't completed it and need some advise.

Currently my 7' lilliput screen has to be windscreen mounted, which is a pain when having to remove it every time i leave my car, I have seen it is possible to house this in the place of the cd player and ac controls, while moving the controls down. However if possible i would like to keep the cd player even if it has to be moved to a different location, just wondering if anyone knows how to do this or even better if anyone else has done this in the past?
Cheers

This is the current situation

See less See more
#9 ·
Haven't seen any. To mount in the glovebox, I had to extend the radio wiring harness and then mounted it in the glovebox using some L-brackets.
Mounting in the trunk was a piece of cake using the CD change mounting location and the wiring harness is right there as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.