E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Touring

E46 Touring
The E46 touring forum. Talk about your sport wagon E46 here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #21
jaymtz80

My Ride: 330i 5spd+05 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46204 View Post
Too bad but this guy will never appreciate what he has. Hope someone ends up with it who does(but at a more realistic price).

Sent from my SM-N910V using E46Fanatics mobile app
I'm just doing this to appease the wife. I've already got a set of wheels and tires waiting to be ordered. I've also got the mtech 1 front bumper available as well.

And I do appreciate what it is, I have owned over 30 BMW and know how rare and hard to find this one is.

Why do you think the prices so high? Because I want to get rid of it quickly? If I wanted to do that I would put it at $8000 and have a gone.

I also have a 2005 zhp with just 63,000 miles on it that is my baby so I know about these cars. All that being said it is still my car and I can still do whatever I want with it thank you very much.
jaymtz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:46 PM   #22
Aventador_nb

My Ride: E46 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
What the hell?

4700, 5300 maybe.
Even that sounds high. Approaching 100k miles.. $4000 sounds fair. $4750 if the car is in EXCELLENT shape, which not many cars are. I'd say that it would be hard to sell this car for more than $4500. The market for BMWs nearing 100k miles isn't that active or demanding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using E46Fanatics mobile app
Old 03-19-2017, 02:46 PM   #23
jaymtz80

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46204 View Post
Too bad but this guy will never appreciate what he has. Hope someone ends up with it who does(but at a more realistic price).

Sent from my SM-N910V using E46Fanatics mobile app
I may in fact Let It Go if someone offers me close to my asking price in the next couple days because there is E36 m345 113k miles just popped up that I have been looking for for a long time.

And if you don't think the price ranges in the correct ballpark then perhaps you are the one that doesn't really appreciate this car.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #24
jaymtz80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventador_nb View Post
Even that sounds high. Approaching 100k miles.. $4000 sounds fair. $4750 if the car is in EXCELLENT shape, which not many cars are. I'd say that it would be hard to sell this car for more than $4500. The market for BMWs nearing 100k miles isn't that active or demanding.

Hahahahahahahaha!
Old 03-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #25
Aventador_nb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymtz80 View Post
I'm just doing this to appease the wife. I've already got a set of wheels and tires waiting to be ordered. I've also got the mtech 1 front bumper available as well.

And I do appreciate what it is, I have owned over 30 BMW and know how rare and hard to find this one is.

Why do you think the prices so high? Because I want to get rid of it quickly? If I wanted to do that I would put it at $8000 and have a gone.

I also have a 2005 zhp with just 63,000 miles on it that is my baby so I know about these cars. All that being said it is still my car and I can still do whatever I want with it thank you very much.
It won't be "gone" at $8,000. Yes the particular model is rare, but I don't see someone paying 8k for a 14 year old car approaching 100k miles. As far as I can tell, there's not that many BMW lovers out there that'll spend that much. I could be wrong.
And after all, it's your car. If you really did place the price that high so you can keep it, good for you! I think you'll enjoy it if it drives so well.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #26
jaymtz80

Quote:
It won't be "gone" at $8,000. Yes the particular model is rare, but I don't see someone paying 8k for a 14 year old car approaching 100k miles. As far as I can tell, there's not that many BMW lovers out there that'll spend that much. I could be wrong.
And after all, it's your car. If you really did place the price that high so you can keep it, good for you! I think you'll enjoy it if it drives so well.

Excuse the language but I f****** love driving this thing.

I also got two hits on it off of Craigslist about 30 minutes after I put it up. That being said I can't see myself letting this thing go. I'll leave it up for a week getting my wife used to the idea of keeping it and then take it down and it'll be mine forever.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #27
jaymtz80

I bought and sold about 20 BMW in the past year-and-a-half. I do flip cars yes and know the market very well. It would take some time to get rid of this car at this price but I am pretty sure it could be done if it was marketed in the right areas. I had a text from a guy this morning saying that I should ask more for it he sold one to a guy in Denver for $11,000.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #28
jaymtz80

Just found a mint set of these with tires for $900.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:06 PM   #29
jaymtz80

Quote:

just sold a 2000 528i sport with 153k miles on it for $5400.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:01 PM   #30
Johal E32

My Ride: BMW's
As someone who also buys and sells cars in the Bay Area. It sure can be hard sometimes when others bash on you for it.. At the end of the day, we all have to do something put food on the table. But for me, it is more of a hobby as I love tinkering with BMW's and it is a great hobby to have. And for what its worth, at least the OP isn't selling a total lemon. It looks to be a really nice wagon.

Good luck OP. Of course we know how this works, cars are only worth what the market is willing to pay for them.
Johal E32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #31
jaymtz80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
As someone who also buys and sells cars in the Bay Area. It sure can be hard sometimes when others bash on you for it.. At the end of the day, we all have to do something put food on the table. But for me, it is more of a hobby as I love tinkering with BMW's and it is a great hobby to have. And for what its worth, at least the OP isn't selling a total lemon. It looks to be a really nice wagon.

Good luck OP. Of course we know how this works, cars are only worth what the market is willing to pay for them.

Thank you Sir. As it is for you, it is also a hobby for me. My wife is used to me buying and selling them so she just assumed I'd sell it, I still may. I deal 95% with BMWs as they are what I know and love as well.

I do however see this one sitting in the garage after I put some work in on it and being taken out for certain occasions, certainly not daily driven, seeing the miles approach 100k is some nail biting stuff.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:29 AM   #32
Onizukachan

My Ride: `04 M56 Touring
Lol, I'm at over 185k and wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country.
I hope you do keep it. They are fantastically good cars, handle lovely, not too quiet or too loud, imminently practical.

DIY: E46 Touring TV Tuner Install/Mounting
DIY: Wiring City Lights, Rear Fogs, and Rear Camera in a Touring

Last edited by Onizukachan; 03-20-2017 at 12:32 AM.
Onizukachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:50 AM   #33
Johal E32

My Ride: BMW's
I'd say just drive the p*ss out of the touring. Don't worry about the mileage, mainteince and proper upkeep is what sells cars, especially for the non M.
I've had mine for 5 years (on Apr 1) and I don't think I will ever sell it. Currently at 210K on the clock and driven like I stole it regularly. The car drives like a dream, starting to develop some groans and rattles which I plan to tackle. But the 5mt makes it such a joy on the daily grind.
Johal E32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:59 AM   #34
jaymtz80

Quote:
Lol, I'm at over 185k and wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country.
I hope you do keep it. They are fantastically good cars, handle lovely, not too quiet or too loud, imminently practical.
Its going to get a bit louder with the Borla or Magnaflow kit on it. And handle better with the Eibach/bilstein kit along with 18" Enkei wheels.

One of the reasons I flip cars is to support my BMW habit. I tend to just dump money in the cars I plan on keeping.

Looking at some Xenon lights as well as this only had factory halogens.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:59 AM   #35
Onizukachan

My Ride: `04 M56 Touring
That is something I will be interested in doing eventually. If I ever find a set and have money at the same moment in time!
Bixenons. As I get older, and other car's lights get brighter, it gets harder to see at night in town.
Out on the freeway, rural areas, no problem.
Do a write up for us?

DIY: E46 Touring TV Tuner Install/Mounting
DIY: Wiring City Lights, Rear Fogs, and Rear Camera in a Touring
Onizukachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:13 PM   #36
Aventador_nb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymtz80 View Post
Excuse the language but I f****** love driving this thing.

I also got two hits on it off of Craigslist about 30 minutes after I put it up. That being said I can't see myself letting this thing go. I'll leave it up for a week getting my wife used to the idea of keeping it and then take it down and it'll be mine forever.
See it also depends on where you're located. If you're doing well at selling at a high price compared to the rest of the country, maybe it's your market or maybe it's your sales skills Regardless, more power to you. And if you don't sell it, I hope you enjoy it. I've never owned a wagon, so have no experience with the drive. Plus I can't drive a manual

Old 03-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #37
jaymtz80

Quote:
Do a write up for us?

Absolutely, every step will go up this thread.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:13 AM   #38
Yankeebmwgirl

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325xiT
Send a message via ICQ to Yankeebmwgirl
I have noticed the prices vary from what area you are living in. I bought my 2001 325xit in Vermont, 180k for $600. I have put about 2300 in it, replacing a bunch of stuff that had been neglected. I won't hesitate to drive this car to Texas in a few weeks. Looking at cars down there the prices are around 4-5k on the cheap end for most all BMW in this series. Plus...at the end of the day it isnt about what the car is worth...but how much someone is willing to pay.
Yankeebmwgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:39 PM   #39
Aventador_nb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeebmwgirl View Post
I have noticed the prices vary from what area you are living in. I bought my 2001 325xit in Vermont, 180k for $600. I have put about 2300 in it, replacing a bunch of stuff that had been neglected. I won't hesitate to drive this car to Texas in a few weeks. Looking at cars down there the prices are around 4-5k on the cheap end for most all BMW in this series. Plus...at the end of the day it isnt about what the car is worth...but how much someone is willing to pay.
Agreed. Bmws are worth **** in Alabama.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:40 PM   #40
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeebmwgirl View Post
I agree a very small percentage will pay top dollar for an old car. It is what it is, I would never want to pay that much knowing all of the work that needs to be done. Plus its got standard headlights, tan interior (), no sport seats (Guessing), and XI. The only thing it has going for it is it looks clean, its a wagon, and manual. Def not a top dollar car IMO. All that matters is that the OP is enjoying the car.

ZHP Mods: JB Lightweight fly wheel (10.5 pounds), Koni FSD ProKit, Supreme Power Drop Hats, Hotchkis front(30.2mm)/rear(25.4mm) sway bars, Sprint Booster, AFE Stage 1 Intake, Morimoto EvoX-R Headlights, Orion V4 Angel Eyes, Satin Black 18x9 ET42 APEX ARC-8 Wheel

330xi Mods:Front Koni Yellow Struts and Rob43 Rear 9 Way adjustable Rear Dampers,Custom Sport Springs,Supreme Power Drop Hats,ZHP 5 speed shift knob
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote