E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Wiring a relay for AE's

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  phoebus89 
#1 ·
Hi all! This is my first post and it's about damn angel eyes... I've searched all over the web for some help but either i'm useless or it just doesn't exist. Now, i bought some cheap angel eyes off of ebay and they've arrived today with a harness that has a +ive and a -ive terminal that go straight to the angel eyes connector (through a fuse of course) but i want to wire them so that they turn on when my side lights are on and also want them to turn on and off when locking/unlocking the car. I've read lots of tutorials saying to use a diode but i'd rather use a relay, problem is that I have no idea how to wire the relay. I've bought a 5 pin 12-14v 40a SPDT relay, some spade terminals and some wire. I want to use the harness that came with the AE's but modify it in such a way so i can do the above. I've attached some pics of what I have so far.

Basically, what goes to what pin on the relay? So far i've figured that the +ive from the battery with the in line fuse goes to pin 30, thats as far as i've got.

Didn't realise just how scratched my table was till that last pic either :(

Any help would be much appreciated folks!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.