E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Headlight flicker

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  j.pp 
#1 ·
Been doing some maintenance on the e46 this weekend and noticed while I was bleeding the coolant that my headlights flash sometimes. It happens about once every 10-15 seconds while idling in the driveway. I am running aftermarket projector HIDs. Any idea why the headlights would flash on?

#2 ·
Because your car had Halogens before. The car flashes because thats the car sending signals to see if the bulbs are ok, or if they are burnt. see, Halogens need alot more power than HID's, so the small voltage would normally not cause the halogens to flash. because you have HID's however, they will get enough juice to light up. Same thing applies to my Angel Eyes, because they are wired to my corner lamps.

#4 ·
To make it stop you would need to reflash your car, so the car knows it has low power high output lighting, then it'll stop flashing. Lots of people here know how to do it, but you need to find them. and I believe you're right, like only when you start the car, then it flashes. To be honest, If people ask why my angel eyes flash, I be like, they're calibrating, and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.