E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Touch up paint

996 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Greg@DetailedImage.com 
#1 ·
I have acouple little chips on my hood and i wanted to use some touch up paint. Only i heard that you should apply the touch up paint and then wax your car and stuff and the paint will sit better.

I am not sure if that is correct but i don't know what i should do but i want to bring in my car to get detailed. Should i do it before or after? TIA

#2 ·
Here is a post about touch up work: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=274836&page=3

Generally speaking you don't want to seal or wax fresh paint as it's still drying or releasing solvents. Consult your body shop or the specific paint you use for specific time recommendations you want to leave that paint exposed. Touch up work usually requires less time but if your repaint an entire panel a shop will typically recommend 60 - 120 days cure time. Let us know if you have any other questions. I would detail the vehicle after the touch up work and just not wax or seal those areas that you touch up until an adequate amount of time has passed.

Greg @ Detailed Image

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.