E46 Fanatics Forum banner

newb - 1999 318i E46 - oil service reset

10K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  tigermj 
#1 ·
hi

just recently purchased a 1999 318i E46 w/ 189Kms. previous owner does the oil change by himself and noticed the -7950 inspection on the cluster but i reset it and now reads oil service 25000km. will this suppose to stay as 25000 or should it be getting lesser while using the car ? because i already drive the car but it still say oil service 25000

thanks

#6 ·
#9 ·
Thanks for all your help.

BTW anybody tried having the oil change in MIDAS auto? They will be using Valvoline oil ?

the other independent BMW car shop (BMWise - adelaide) said they will be using castrol 5w 30 as receommended by BMW

MIDAS is a 110aud cheaper but not sure if there will be significant issue with the brand of oil ? Whats ideal here in Australia ? MIDAS said the valvoline oil they will be using is LL01 and as per BMW spec as well.

Just recently got the bimmer and wanted to start the maintenance in a right way with all your help as well :)

Thanks again

#12 ·
thanks for the info.

yes there are so many oil threads in the forum but i got lost in the middle of it :)

just want to get some info what's preferred oil to use here in australia considering the weather here etc. oil change being a not so technical maintenance job so I tried to ask MIDAS which is not exclusive BMW service centre compared to BMWise or BMcity only difference is the oil they will be using and of course the price

anyway aill keep searching. :)

thanks

#13 ·
thanks for the info.

yes there are so many oil threads in the forum but i got lost in the middle of it :)

just want to get some info what's preferred oil to use here in australia considering the weather here etc. oil change being a not so technical maintenance job so I tried to ask MIDAS which is not exclusive BMW service centre compared to BMWise or BMcity only difference is the oil they will be using and of course the price

anyway ill keep searching. :)

thanks

#15 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.